Location: Monguno, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the M&E Officer is in charge of the monitoring of the activities’ implementation.
- He/she collects data and provides evidences of the program’s progress and achievements.
List of Tasks
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E):
- Under the responsibility of the team leader, participate in the logistics and administrative organisation, planning and preparation of M&E missions:
- Contribute to the creation of monitoring tools and to the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires.
- Support the team leader in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined in the M&E plan.
Collect monitoring data using SI tools:
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality. Contribute to maintain the database following a standard format allowing aggregation of data to produce routine or periodic monitoring reports.
- Identify potential negative impacts of the activities.
- Monitor that crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” are taken into account in the activities.
- Formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities.
- Monitor humanitarian situation.
- With the support of the PM and MEAL team, prepare and implement trainings on monitoring tools to field officers.
- Assist in external M&E mission.
- Ensure that contractual soft & hard data about programmes is easily available upon request
- Apply the security procedures in the context of monitoring & evaluation missions
- Draft M&E reports and provide project updates and recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in seminars and training workshops which may be useful to the accomplishment of monitoring & evaluation activities and the attainment of the project’s objectives and in restitution workshops.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived and secured
- Update regularly the monitoring & evaluation tools & methodology considering the donors indicators, gender, disable persons, protection & « Do No Harm » approaches
- Make regular reports to the team lead on the evolution of activities and specific tasks confided to him/her, problems encountered, and the quality of relations with beneficiaries
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns
- Collaborate with the administration and the local authorities.
- Take part in recruitment of the monitoring team (enumerators / DW) when needed
- Train and build the capacity of the team (enumerators /DW)
- Supervise the monitoring team (enumerators / DW).
- Training: BSc. Economic, Management Administration, Social Science
- Ability to write in clear and comprehensive English
- Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis, etc)
- Competency in and experience with data collection tools (Kobo)
- Experience with food security and livelihood (FSL) programmes (not essential but preferable).
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages: English, Haussa, Kanuri
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Undertsanding of the humanitarian principles and accountability.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
18th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
- When the above link opens, select Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Monguno, fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
- Location Monguno, Borno USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3