Job Title: Mechanical Technician
- Assisting the mechanical engineer with mechanical design and maintenance tasks.
- Installing and performing diagnostic tests on mechanical systems.
- Developing and implementing mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
- Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as performing repairs.
- Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Optimizing mechanical efficiency by adjusting machinery and equipment settings.
- Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MIT), or similar.
- A minimum of two years experience as a mechanical technician in a related industry, FMCG will be preferred
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Proficiency in mechanical design and diagnostic testing software.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours.
- Welding experience will be an added advantage
- Ensures compliance to all departmental and plant safety rules and regulations. All non-conformances should be dealt with immediately all unresolved issues must be raised with Team Lead. Follow the correct WI and Process Instruction for all tasks performed.
- Carries out continual development of process optimization to ensure safety.
- Support and trigger change management when required
- Support and maintain quality inspection systems on the assets.
- Comply with GMP and product safety requirements.
- Supports production within the diaper operation by providing mechanical support to the production teams.
- Carries out action plans as directed in order to solve problems thereby minimizing mechanical delay.
- Analyses mechanical delay and together with the Day Mechanical Technician resolve problems of a mechanical nature to ensure minimum delay.
- Carries out mechanical changes during product and tier changes on the asset in order to minimise change over delay
- Works on continuous improvement plans to upgrade/improve the asset performance and capability.
- Ensure all documentation are recorded properly and systematically to provide optimum reliability of the asset.
- Reproduce machine parts safely and accurately using mechanical workshop machine tools such as Lathe, Milling, Grinding machines. Proficient on the use of electric arc welding machine is added advantage.
- Carry out condition monitoring inspection on equipment and replacing of all wearing parts in accordance with the relevant PM schedules.
- To carry out preventive maintenance activities on all mechanical equipment and installation.
- To ensure equipment standardisation, recommendation of changes in maintenance policies, fault finding and problem solving.
- Recommend spares requirements to the Mechanical Engineer to ensure that mechanical spares are available and ready for use when required.
- Provide technical information to maintenance teams detailing work requests for planned and reactive maintenance.
- Responsible for completing handover documentation to the incoming shift.
- Assists in project formulation safely
- Provides mechanical support during projects in the plant.
- The ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools.
- knowledge of engineering science and technology.
- maths knowledge.
- design skills and knowledge.
- the ability to work well with your hands.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Two-year Electrical, Technical, or related degree. Completion of an electrical apprenticeship. Knowledge of mathematics pertaining to machinery. Knowledge of machines and tools.
25th October, 2023.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates should send their cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject
- Location Pally Agro Limited, Iyana Obafe, Ashipa, Abeokuta
- Salary ₦ 100,000 - 150,000 NGN 100000-150000 Month
- Experience Level Senior/Experienced
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification OND