Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for supervising and managing all aspects of medical laboratory service provision.
- The position is primarily responsible for building and sustaining systems, processes and protocols for the complete medical laboratory management of different specimen types.
- The position will provide leadership and management to all aspects of the laboratory service delivery for all individual and corporate clients while also working closely with the customer care officer, the business development unit and all other members of the team.
- Responsible for setting up and strengthening established quality control/quality assurance program in the lab
- Responsible for handling, logging and processing of all laboratory specimen
- Ensure that all specimens are processed and result completed with the shortest possible turnaround time
- Responsible for storage of processed specimen for future verification
- Ensures that all samples are captured in the sample logbook and all results are clearly stated in the reporting template and appropriate comment made by the resident doctor.
- Verification and approval of all out going results
- Responsible for monthly or periodic restocking of supplies and commodities
- Responsible for monthly or periodic maintenance/recalibration of equipment and instruments
- Responsible for the maintenance of all laboratory logs and records. These include but are not limited to: Issue logs, maintenance logs, expiry logs, stock cards etc
- Responsible for performance appraisal of all other staff under the laboratory services department
- Responsible for making technical presentations or representation of the laboratory at different fora
- Provide leadership and management to other staff under the laboratory service unit
- Ensures a high sense of professionalism in service delivery
- Maintains a healthy, safe and friendly environment in the lab and everywhere necessary
- Any other assignment as directed by the Medical Director.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
- Must have 2 – 5 years post NYSC experience
- A valid practicing license from the Medical Laboratory Science Council
- Must be exceptionally computer literate
- Must have good soft skills including but not limited to ability to work with little or no supervision, Teamwork, Leadership, Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, decisiveness, interpersonal skills, written/oral communication
- Must be trainable and provide evidence of progressive professional improvement.
1st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
The Application should consist of the following:
- A cover letter of not more than two pages in stating why they suited for this position. Applicants must, at a minimum, address the minimum requirements for this position as stated above in their cover letter
- A current curriculum vitae
- Certificate of First Degree
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
- Applications with insufficient information to make a determination will not be considered
- Any / All application submissions after the closing date will not be considered.
- Location Abuja (FCT) USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND