- We are looking for a dedicated Sonographer who is willing to work onsite and assist our doctors with diagnosing and monitoring various conditions, such as pregnancy, and diseases, such as cancer.
- The sonographer works directly with patients and uses sonographic equipment to record images of the motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, tissues, and bodily masses as well as looking at unborn fetuses in prenatal care.
- Explaining sonographic procedures to patients, answering questions, preparing patients by applying the gel to the skin, and positioning the patients on the table.
- Ensuring clear images for diagnostic purposes and making adjustments to the sonographic equipment when necessary.
- Selecting the appropriate settings and adjusting the patients’ positions accordingly.
- Monitoring and caring for patients to ensure their safety and comfort during the procedures.
- Selecting and examining images, looking for differences between healthy and pathological areas, and determining if the scope of the exam should be extended, based on preliminary findings.
- Presenting the sonograms and preliminary findings to the Physicians.
- Completing the appropriate documentation and maintaining patients’ histories and medical records.
- Assisting Physicians and the healthcare teams during invasive procedures.
- Maintaining and cleaning the sonographic equipment.
- Performing medical procedures, such as administering oxygen, taking vital signs, and giving emergency treatments.
- MBBS / B.Sc. in Radiography or its equivalent.
- Must be willing to work onsite.
- Current practicing license with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Proficiency in the use of sonographic equipment.
- Good practical knowledge of ultrasound/sonology procedures.
- Strong technical, communication, interpersonal, and patient service skills.
- The ability to explain technical terms in a clear way.
29th September 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND