MEP Estimation Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- In accordance with the company processes preparing complete cost of estimation for MEP elements which includes; material, labour, erection equipment, testing / commissioning man hours, direct & indirect resources in line with BOQ, scope of work, project specifications & standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting with clients and project managers to discuss the scope of the project
- Study tender documents including drawings, project specification, BOQ, the scope of work, contract details, and conditions.
- Prepare project cost estimates, evaluate contractors’ bids, and recommend the best option to the client.
- Preparing and sending inquiries to subcontractors/vendors to get competitive quotations.
- Collaborate with the construction/operations team to establish execution method statements and reflect the same in estimation.
- Preparing technical clarifications to clients for discrepancies in tender documents after reviewing, as well as implementing the changes after response.
- Participate in pre-tender meetings, site visits, and preparing site visit reports to analyse the project scope of work.
- Analyse vendor technical and commercial offers in view of project specifications and standards.
- Preparing comparative statements to analyse and select the most appropriate vendors and subcontractors.
- Prepare vendors to cost comparative study report to get a financial selection of vendors/subcontractors & price.
- Preparing required bid documents that include commercial and technical submittals.
- Collect all vendors’ technical data sheets, vendor specification, drawings and compile in line with tender documents to prepare technical bid submission.
- Preparing and coordinating post-tender technical and commercial clarifications
- Assist the management for post tender commercial negotiations with client and vendors to reach competitive pricing.
- Preparation of project cost estimates, evaluate contractors’ bids and recommend the best option to the client.
- Provide support during project implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in Tendering / Estimation
- 2 – 5 years site experience is a bonus
- AUTOCAD/ REVIT Proficiency
28th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND