Merchandise Data Analyst (Fashion Retail)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- We are looking for an energetic, collaborative and results-oriented self-starter with experience in analyzing data / studying reports.
- This role involves analyzing data sets, studying and translating consumer purchasing behavior, and making effective fashion buying and selling decisions. Apart from this, you will be expecting to work with the commercial team & be involved with product management (existing & new merchandise).
- You will be expected to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to push relevant data to make strategic decisions and able to operate and collaborate well in a team.
- 70% – Data Analysis – Analyzing data / reports / consumer behavior and making effective decisions
- 20% – Merchandiser – Be part of the higher management team, involved in projects to increase company’s overall sales
- 10% – Marketing – Work with marketing team on advertising / promotions and product placements.
- Partner with replenishment buyers and merchandisers to manage the replenishment system and maintain acceptable inventory levels.
- Manage and maintain the OTB for specific departments by preparing forecasts, evaluating performance, and maximizing profitability while minimizing liabilities.
- Perform allocations pulls on inbound shipments and back-stock merchandise from distribution centers.
- Allocate products to the appropriate stores.
- Analyze historical POS to create seasonal profiles for all items, allowing the system to more efficiently predict seasonal trends.
- Allocate and replenish products based on previous performance; determine what each store should receive.
- Partner with vendors and internal stakeholders to develop contingency and disaster planning procedures.
- Create policies and procedures regarding background investigations and make recommendations to improve efficiency and accuracy of operations.
- Monitor the effectiveness of replenishment programs and provide buyers with recommendations to improve the accuracy of programs following inventory updates.
- Review sales by SKU and transfer merchandise to effectively sell through inventory.
- Prepare and lead monthly active SKU status review meetings with procurement, marketing and supply chain.
- Request and update in ERP system ship dates from vendors.
- A First Degree in any related discipline.
- Retail experience and/or knowledge of fashion brands or trends will be a huge plus.
- Knowledgeable in buying data analysis and reporting.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft office, Tableau and Power BI (Use of Microsoft Excel above intermediary level is very key to this role).
- Retail Pro knowledge would be an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable in managing wide product range.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Good organizing, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent Numerical and Analytical Capability.
- Self-motivated and naturally organized individual.
- Creative with good attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Ikeja, Lagos USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND