Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Identification: 7679
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Schedule: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Based in Yola, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for supporting data collection and the implementation/use of quality checklists (WASH, Food security and Livelihoods, Education, Shelter, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance, Camp management) at activity level.
- The position also serves as a supervisor for enumerators when needed.
- The incumbent will provide support in analysing raw data from assessments, quality checklists, reporting and providing direct support to the technical M&E officer. He will support the technical M&E officer and the Area Manager in improving programming and organizational learning for the Area Office South.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for implementation of operational M&E activities in close collaboration with Core Competency technical officers and officers/assistants.
- Ensure project documentation of M&E activities of Core Competencies.
- Contribute to the implementation of M&E systems, including M&E tools.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention.
This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection as needed;
- Support data management in close collaboration with core competencies’ data assistants and the development of clear information flows between program and M&E staff, as needed;
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported in a timely manner to the technical M&E officer for quality checks and submission to the Area Manager and relevant programme staff;
- Support the targeting and the registration of beneficiaries as needed;
- Supervise distributions in collaboration with programme staff;
- Support post distribution monitoring and related activities.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Area Manager
- Field coordinators and team leads
- M&E Team
- Core competencies data focal points
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- 1 – 2 years experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting;
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel).
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing);
- Strong organisational and team working skills;
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Approachable, trustworthy and confidential;
- Analytical and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access);
- Experience in using ArcGis, Stata, Nvivo, CAPI systems (Kobo/ODK/CSpro), data visualisation softwares (eg. Power BI) is a plus;
- Knowledge of the NRC’s operations is a plus.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
19th September, 2022 (09:43 AM).
Method of Application
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Adamawa,Adamawa,Adamawa USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3