Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning Assistant (MEAL Assistant)
Location: Yobe and Borno Nigeria – with 50% travel to deep field in (Gwoza, MMC, Konduga, Damboa, Dikwa, Gujiba, Potiskum and Fune LGA)
Position Status: Full-time
Duration: 24 Month
Period: September 2020 to September, 2022
General Position Summary
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer as part of a team to operationalize specific program systems.
- The M&E Assistant is responsible for supporting WINN staff to regularly, collect, enter, verify and analyze data and make timely database adjustments to measure the impact of the program.
- The M&E Assistant will work directly with the MEAL team and will closely coordinate with other program staff to help ensure monitoring and evaluation data is accurately incorporated into all reports and information products.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Understand and maintain an M&E system database that improves WINN’ ability to inform program implementation, analyze data and represent impact to donors, government, partner organizations and communities.
- Ensure all relevant programme staff are able to utilize the database to analyse program information and results.
- Regularly review data entered into the M&E system to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity.
- Manage regular synchronizations and backups of field data to cloud-based data management system.
- Troubleshoot front and back end issues with the database, including any synchronization issues of field-level data.
- Work as part of a team to facilitate and support M&E operations including baseline, annual and end line surveys, regular monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting according to the M&E work plan.
- Generate data (tables/graphs/reports) from the M&E database at regular intervals, ensuring reports/information are available for programme implementation staff when required. Facilitate data analysis with programme implementation team as requested.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure all elements of the M&E system and database are better to utilize effectively by all stakeholders, assessing and identifying breakdowns and areas that require clarifications and improvements.
- Ensure field teams always have the most recent version of all M&E tools and documents.
- Assist the team in improving the PROGRAM’s M&E systems by identifying good practices, field-tested lessons learned and creative recommendations; share with and encourage staff to incorporate these in their daily work.
- Work closely with the M&E Officer and Program Manager to develop and deliver staff training, improving capacities in monitoring, evaluation and database management.
- Review or edit data in reports as requested and required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Work closely with WINN security focal point to develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of the team in all aspects of its implementation process.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit WINN as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- WINN team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Two or more years of experience working in the NGO sector in M&E, ideally in protection, Livelihood, community development or economic and market development.
- A university Degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics or a related field is required.
- Prior experience carrying out surveys or conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Prior experience with computerized data management systems.
- Advanced computer skills in SPSS, MS Office programs, particularly Excel, and Access.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a solid understanding of quantitative indicators and data collection strategies.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. The most successful WINN staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
- WINN team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and WINN’s policies, procedures, and values at all times
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions:
- The position is base in Maiduguri Borno state and it requires up to 50 % travel to field offices in and around Yobe and Borno state.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click the apply button.
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Location Borno & Yobe USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND