Monitoring & Implementation Officer, SNDI
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position N°: 50093575
- The Senior Vice-Presidency (SNVP) under the leadership of the Senior Vice President (SVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and for driving a performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results.
- The SVP is also responsible for providing effective leadership for Senior Management.
- The incumbent is responsible for the seamless coordination of the implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions and the identification of institutional and managerial weaknesses and the proffering of necessary corrective measures and actions.
- The SVP chairs the Senior Management Coordination Committee (SMCC) and Operations Committee (OpsCom) meetings, leads senior management discussions, decision-making processes, and ensures the implementation of key Board and Management decisions, including internal audit and independent evaluation recommendations.
- The incumbent also oversees and ensures compliance of the Bank with the dictates of its policies and strategies, including fiduciary, environmental, and social safeguards, risk management functions, etc.
The Hiring Department
- The SNVP and SMCC Directorate (SNDI) coordinates and supports the SVP in the execution of responsibilities related to: (i) coordinating the implementation of Bank-wide activities; (ii) monitoring corporate performance and results; (iii) ensuring organizational/institutional effectiveness and efficiency; and (iv) overseeing organizational units reporting directly to the SVP.
- The SNDI Director also plays the role of secretary to the Senior Management Coordination Committee (SMCC) secretariat and supports the SVP in Board and Board Committee meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Director, Office of the SVP, the incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in all internal audit exit meetings;
- Maintain close links and collaboration with management, audit focal points Bank-wide and the audit department in the process of collating internal audit recommendations;
- Coordinate the periodic follow-up on Management implementation of internal audit recommendations: collect complex-level inputs; consolidate, review and validate prior to submission to the Internal Audit department (PAGL); and coordinate the Management response note to PAGL’s follow-up report with the Director, SNDI;
- Monitor and follow-up on implementation progress of internal audit, Board and Board Committee recommendations;
- Analyze, synthesize/prioritise information collated and prepare reports required to facilitate substantiated decisions on implementation or serve as input to Board Documents;
- Collate and prepare technical reports and briefing notes on implementation status’ of internal audit and other risk mitigation reports for presentation to senior management as well as the Board Committee on Audit and Finance (AUFI) and the Board;
- Monitor the implementation of recommendations of recourse mechanisms and report on anticipated delays or progress made as well as the way forward;
- In liaison with CHIS, lead the development of an automated centralized reporting system on implementation status of internal audit and evaluations recommendations;
- Participate in the execution of special corporate assignments, such as assisting in the preparation of SMCC meetings (scheduling, review of documents, and drafting of summary notes)
- Undertake ad hoc assignments as may be requested by the Director, the SVP or their delegated authorities.
- At least a Master’s or its equivalent in Business Administration, Development Economics, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the Bank; strong knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of African countries;
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience in the business administration, audit, law, business management, or in a related discipline;
- Excellent technical and analytical skills and an established track record in working effectively with senior management teams
- Demonstrable knowledge and practice in the monitoring and implementation of strategic management decisions;
- Ability to identify and create meaningful linkages across complexes to drive data management across the Bank;
- Ability to anticipate/assess problems and develop realistic solutions quickly, and possess the proven ability to adopt a multidisciplinary approach to issues
- Knowledge and experience in preparing and managing the implementation of strategic management decisions;
- Experience in the preparation of reports for senior management and the Boards;
- Experience in working with development institutions and good understanding of development challenges, in particular in Africa
- Excellent technical and analytical skills and an established track record in working effectively with senior management teams;
- Strong knowledge in assessing, preparing and/or managing the implementation of strategic decisions;
- Knowledge of the Bank’s policies and programs;
- Strong practical experience in assessing, mainstreaming, and monitoring the implementation of the strategic decisions;
- Good mastery or familiarity with tools that allow the collection and treatment data such as Excel organizational, analytical, coordination and communication skills;
- Ability to work accurately, methodically and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
22nd October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abidjan, Cote D'ivoire USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA