MSF Intersectional Point of Care Ultrasound Implementer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The vision of Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) integration in MSF is to ensure that clinicians, both national and expat, have the knowledge, guidance and access to proper and selective use of this diagnostic tool as part of the comprehensive management of patients, in remote and low-resource settings.
- The MSF MedOp platform has endorsed an intersectional, multi-country initiative to implement field-based POCUS programs across MSF. Nigeria has received multiple POCUS implementations resulting in a strong regional capacity. To consolidate this POCUS capacity further in Nigeria, a national trainer will oversee all POCUS activities and implementations in the country. S(H)e will be hierarchically under the medical coordinators and will report to the POCUS Coordinator. This position will be held by a Nigerian national.
- Develop a contextual strategy to address POCUS training needs and implementation in all relevant MSF projects in Nigeria at different levels for all sections
- Motivate and support medical coordinators and project teams on the implementation of POCUS in all relevant MSF projects in Nigeria
- Collaborate with intersectional POCUS Advisors to improve POCUS usage and advance POCUS research in the country
- Organize and facilitate orientations on mission coordination level and demonstrations of POCUS usages to key people.
- Assist the POCUS Advisor in long-term planning for Medical and Operational departments for POCUS implementation in Nigeria
- Follow-up on trainees through organizing longitudinal tracking.
- Medical doctor with a valid Nigerian practising license, preferably with a POCUS training certificate from MSF
- Minimum 3 years work experience with extensive experience in performing and interpreting ultrasound in both children and adults
- Fluency in English (reading and writing) essential, Hausa and local languages desirable.
- Experience in training medical professionals in ultrasound; MSF context is desirable.
- POCUS of both children and adults covering EFAST, cardio-pulmonary, basic abdomen, and basic emergency obstetric. Other skills, including for soft tissue, musculoskeletal, neonatal head, etc. are desirable.
- Experience in tropical diseases and working in resource-limited settings is desirable
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance systems and continued medical education in ultrasound.
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and training
- Ability to motivate and lead medical colleagues and to translate strategy and policy into operational practice in the field
- Enthusiastic, motivated and independent; ability to work with minimal supervision in challenging contexts
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office is essential
- Prior research experience is desirable.
Salary / Work Conditions
- Position base: While based in Abuja, the role requires 75% of travel time to various MSF Nigeria missions
- Position Level and Salary: Salary according to level Nine (09) of the internal MSF salary grid
- Last date for applications: February 26, 2021
- Desired start date: April 1, 2021
- Contract Length: Twelve months (with a 2-month probation period)
26th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (CV), Motivation Letter, Work Certificates, Practicing License and other relevant documents in a single file (Soft Copy) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name as the title of the file.
- Only applications respecting all the above requirements will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We thank you in advance for your interest in our POCUS endeavours.
- Location Abuja,Abuja,Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3