- Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about teaching?
- We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic music teacher to join our team of esteemed educators.
- Applying instructional activities that actively engage students in meaningful learning experiences and ensuring continual student growth and achievement.
- Developing and promoting the appropriate skills and social abilities to allow the optimum progress of the children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Supporting the development of children basic skills including physical coordination, speech, and communication.
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom and on school premises and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Connecting students’ knowledge to earlier learning and developing ways to encourage it further challenging and inspiring students to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Mark classwork and assignments, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts, multimedia and digital tools to aid learning.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupil’s progress through communication book, open day activities.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings, committee meetings, chool activities and training events.
Requirement, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of BA/ B ED/MA/M. ED in Music or a relevant discipline.
- Applicant must have a minimum of four years teaching experience in a
- School environment and have proven expertise in the teaching Subject.
- Respect and fondness for children is a must.
- Candidate must have great knowledge of at least six musical instruments and have the ability to play at least three of them.
- Highly conscientious and committed to the highest standards of professional service.
- Ability to relate well with different groups of students of different
- Ages and ability levels.
- Candidate must have the ability to inspire and enthuse young children.
- Hard work, dedication to duty, use of initiative and ability to go the extra mile is generally required.
- Candidate must be confident with IT and computer packages.
- Candidate must be resourceful, responsible, patience and caring.
- Candidate must have a history of personal achievement.
- Candidate must be creative in designing learning activities.
- Excellent listening, communication, writing, organizational, Research and IT skills.
- Candidate must have the proven ability to shape student learning and behaviour and engage, guide and motivate student.
- Candidate must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in multicultural, diverse setting.
- Candidate must have the ability to prepare students for competitions and musical certifications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their cover letter and an updated CV to [email protected] clearly stating the” job title” as the subject of your mail.
Note: Please make sure you meet the necessary requirements before applying for this position.
- Location lagos, lagos, lagos NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND