National Consultant – Document the Achievements of HRH Project
Job ID: 1904764
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 20 days
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- The ‘Enhancing the Ability of Frontline Health Workers to Improve Health in Nigeria (2014-2019)’ is a five-year project funded by the Government of Canada through the Global Affairs Canada (GAC), whose implementation commenced in 2014
- The project has an overall goal of improving health status/outcomes of infants, children, women, and men in Bauchi and Cross River States of Nigeria by strengthening their capacities to improve the health worker situation with attention to the specific needs for male and female frontline health workers. It is implemented by World Health Organization (WHO), Population Council (PC) and Global Health Workforce Alliance (GHWA)
- The project focused on building stronger and better functioning health systems owned and managed by Bauchi and Cross River States specifically targeted at the frontline health personnel (such as nurses, midwives, CHOs, CHEWs) needed to deliver maternal, newborn and child health care services at the primary care level in Bauchi and Cross River States.
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose of this consultancy is to document case studies, stories of change and/or success stories on the achievements of the project at national level and in Bauchi and Cross River States and lead the development of the technical content for short videos on the project’s accomplishments.
- Develop an inception report with clear methodology and implementation plan with timelines
- Undertake field trips to interview selected Federal, State and local government stakeholders, key programme staff of GAC, WHO Nigeria and Population Council, and beneficiaries at various levels
- Facilitate data/ information collection on achievements of the project in Bauchi and Cross River States and document this evidence as people and institutional – centered case studies, stories of change and/or success stories
- Lead the development of the technical content for short videos on the project’s accomplishments working closely with World Health Organization Communications team
- Compile and present the draft case studies, stories of change and success stories as well as technical content of short videos for review by the WCO oversight team
- Update the draft case studies, stories of change and success stories and short videos based on feedback of the oversight team into final versions and submit.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Epidemiology, Health Promotion, Communications or other relevant Degree
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Epidemiology, Health Promotion, Communications or other relevant Degree is an asset
- At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience in health systems strengthening programs, communication, knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, and policy brief development
- Extensive experience in developing scripts, briefs, cases studies, stories of change and/or success stories
- Extensive experience in combining quantitative andqualitative/participatory approaches to evidence generation and documentation
- Proven conceptual, analytical and writing skills.
10:59:00pm; 22nd October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Nigeria USD Month