National Consultant to Conduct Final HRH Project Evaluation
Ref Id: 1904746
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 30 days
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
- The ‘Enhancing the Ability of Frontline Health Workers to Improve Health in Nigeria (2014-2019)’ is a five-year project funded by the Government of Canada through the Global Affairs Canada (GAC), whose implementation commenced in 2014.
- The project has an overall goal of improving health status/outcomes of infants, children, women, and men in Bauchi and Cross River States of Nigeria by strengthening their capacities to improve the health worker situation with attention to the specific needs for male and female frontline health workers.
- It is implemented by World Health Organization (WHO), Population Council (PC) and Global Health Workforce Alliance (GHWA).
- The project focused on building stronger and better functioning health systems owned and managed by Bauchi and Cross River States specifically targeted at the frontline health personnel (such as nurses, midwives, CHOs, CHEWs) needed to deliver maternal, newborn and child health care services at the primary care level in Bauchi and Cross River States.
- The purpose of the final evaluation is to conduct a vigorous and objective study assessing the project’s performance against expected outcomes and targets in the project’s Performance Measurement Framework.
Scope of Work:
- Evaluate the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the project’s achievements and successes against the project’s outcomes (immediate, intermediate and ultimate)
- Examine and document the innovations employed to institutionalize and ensure sustainability of project results
- Assess best practices and key changes in policy and/or practice (institutional and person-centered stories) as planned in the logic model and document them as stories of change
- Explore unexpected outcomes (positive or negative) and make appropriate recommendations for mitigating impact
- Develop a detailed protocol for the final project evaluation including data collection tools
- Review project documents including annual and previous evaluation reports
- Undertake field trips to interview selected Federal, State and local government stakeholders, key programme staff of GAC, WHO Nigeria and Population Council, and beneficiaries at various levels
- Develop an end of project report documenting progress against impact, outcome and outputs in project performance framework (PMF), key institutional and person-centred success stories, best practices unexpected outcomes and recommendations for policy and planning.
- Conduct State-level validation events
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- University degree in Public Health, Global Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or other relevant degrees.
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Global Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or other relevant degree is an asset
- At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience in health systems strengthening program design, implementation and assessment, national and health workforce policy development, review and strategic planning
- Familiarity with current debates and approaches to Universal Health Coverage and health systems strengthening work within the local, state, national and international arena
- Extensiveexperience of combining quantitative and qualitative/participatory approaches to research and analyzing findings.
- Proven conceptual, analytical, research and writing skills.
22nd October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
- Location Nigeria USD Month