National Consultant to Support Development of Nigeria’s Health Profile Report
Ref Id: 1905470
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 15 days
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
The World Health Organization African Regional Office, has, as part of its transformation agenda, prioritized having small technical focus, responsive operations and effective communications amongst the focus areas. In line with this, it has been undergoing a revamp of the Africa Health Observatory (AHO) to align it to the needs of ensuring data, analytics and knowledge on UHC and SDGs are regularly available at the regional, and country level.
Based on the foregoing, it is currently migrating data and information from all the existing observatories – global, regional and country specific, into the new platform. The updated AHO consists of regional and national observatories and will be the primary source of information relating to health and the SDGs in the region.
Countries were directed to take the opportunity of the ongoing migration of data and information to update all the existing data and statistics for their country. As a result, a national stakeholder workshop was held in August,2019 to collate and review Nigeria’s data based on a list of indicators on health.
To be able to achieve the aim of the observatory, countries were requested to assemble, analyze/synthesize data; generate information products including health profile for the country and upload same to the AFO/NHO website and seeking other opportunities to disseminate same.
- Facilitate stakeholders’ review and update of country data on indicators of the AHO/NHO
- Lead development of the country’s health profile
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Essential: Post Graduate degree in Public Health, Health Informatics or other related field.
- 15 years’ progressive experience working as a health systems expert in a government or non-governmental organization
- 10 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of public health programmes.
Functional Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of the health system situation and stakeholders in Nigeria
- Knowledge of STATA and other statistical packages
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound methodological and technical advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the National Counterparts at the Federal and State levels
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synergize and communicate complex ideas in English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to monitor and communicate progress in terms of process and results.
10:59:00 PM; 3rd December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: That the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
- Location Nigeria, Nigeria NGN Month