- Is responsible for the preparation, cooking and presentation of national and local dishes prepared in order to satisfy and exceed the expectations of clients. You will be responsible for looking after the areas you work within, making sure they are clean, tidy and well maintained at all times.
- You will have a sound awareness of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene rules and regulations and work in a manner which complies with them at all times.
- You will be responsible for upholding the highest standards in terms of food quality and the effectiveness and efficiency with which you produce food items.
- You will be expected to work in a professional manner, being flexible, dynamic, proactive and enthusiastic and will have sound communication skills to ensure outstanding service.
- Should be able to cook local and national dishes.
- Set up workstation with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate clients with allergies or specific diet concerns.
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender etc
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- The ideal candidate must have valid certifications which must include BOSIET or OSP.
- Applicants must be well versed in National dishes with 3 years working experience
- Minimum of SSCE.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a similar role.
- Diploma from a culinary school is added advantage
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods.
- Equipment knowledge
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Time Management
30th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com indicating “National Cook” as subject of the mail.
- Location Delta, Delta, Delta NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification SSCE