National Sales Manager
- The National Sales Manager role is responsible for managing sales operations of the feed verticals (both animal & aqua feed) of the Integrated Feeds & Proteins Business.
- The Olam’s IFP business was started in Nigeria in 2017 with an investment of USD +150 Million. We have set-up state of the art Animal Feed milling plants at Kaduna & Ilorin with combined annual capacity of ~800,000 MT (Animal Feed 720,000MT & Aqua Feed 90,000MT) along with a 36Million DOC.
- We have attained Market Leadership in ALL 03 segments with a 35% market share in Animal Feed 35%, +50% in Aqua Feed and +25% in DOC.
- IFP business is focused on driving the livestock business opportunity in Nigeria with continuous investments into the sector.
- We are in the process of doubling our aqua feed capacity with the commissioning of our new line in Q4’22. We are also working on the backward integration into the Soya value chain in 2023 with the establishment of our Soya crush facility.
- IFP is growing at a strong double digit CAGR and aims to become the 1st 1Mn ton feed operation in Sub-Saharan Africa by 2025.
- Maintain & enhance our market leadership position in the Animal & Aqua feeds sector in Nigeria. Build on our existing strong dealer network – particularly focusing on driving synergies across the Animal & Aqua Feeds along with DOC sales channel. Lead our foray in adjacent feed segments (cattle & ruminants) by developing the right channels to service those farmer segments.
- The candidate will have to closely manage budgets / costs, define growth targets and manage all aspects of operations. The candidate will be responsible for aggressively driving growth and while focusing on delivering optimal service levels to our dealer/distributors and finally the end farmers
- As the Sales Head of the BU, the incumbent will have to lead & manage the 30-member strong sales team comprising of the ZSMs, RSMs & ASMs. He will also provide leadership & direction to the 50-member Aqua Technical team & 25-member Veterinarian team who are responsible for farmer engagement, training & consulting support.
- Work collaboratively with the Production, Logistics & Finance teams to ensure proper servicing of market demand. He will be the lead for the SNOP process withing the feed division while working closely with the DOC team to understand the DOC placement status & corresponding feed demand.
- MBA from Tier 1 institute in India with 8 to 10 years of work experience in Sales & Marketing in Feeds, FMCG or Agri Businesses.
- Should be a sales leader having handled Sales Operation of a region for a medium to large origination in India or a National Sales Head role in a medium size developing country.
- Have the ability to plan, implement & review sales operations independently. Should have exposure in managing large teams and have prior experience in growing the scale of operations and a nack of commercial orientation to drive sustainable & profitable growth.
- Have an ownership mindset! And desire to run the Show Independently.
- Have very good people management, communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with and influence a matrix of internal and external customers at varied levels.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The role is based in the commercial capital of Nigeria, Lagos. The city has all facilities, schooling you and your family might require. Life is enjoyable, and local people are friendly.
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA