Network Operations & Support Assistant
- Performs functions relating to the administration, maintenance and support of the network and services provided to customers.
- Provide technical and customer support functions in the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Coordinate the work of the field services team, partners and contractors to provision and test new customer services as well as resolve customer issues with services.
- Input, update and verify various databases and programs related to the job functions.
- Compiles and summarizes statistical reports that are related in level to the functions inherent in the position.
- Be safety and control conscious and aware of established control procedures, laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years technology Diploma in a Telecommunications or Networking related program is required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) would be an advantage
- 2 to 4 years technical experience working in the telecom industry is required.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Proficient in and experience with telecom grade Ethernet access networks.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience with telecom grade TDM/SONET transport networks.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience with telecom grade DWDM and CWDM networks.
- Requires a detailed understanding of the delivery of telecom services such as Transparent LAN (TLAN), Metro LAN (MLAN) and Dedicated Internet Access (DIA).
- Requires a detailed understanding of bridging/switching and most layer 2 protocols including Spanning Tree, 802.1Q, 802.1P, 8021AD and Transparent VLANs.
- Working knowledge and experience with layer 2 bridging/switching, TCP/IP inter-networking and routing with OSPF and BGP as well as an understanding of CIDR address allocation.
- Working knowledge of MPLS and VPLS an asset.
- Detailed understanding of provisioning processes in a service provider environment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting optical medical converter technology.
- Working knowledge of Network Management systems using SNMP like HP Open View and Solarwinds.
- Working knowledge of Incident management ticketing systems such as Cherwell or Remedy.
- Must be customer focused and an effective communicator
27th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send Cover Letter and Curricuum Vitae to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND