NOC Engineer (Telecom)
- To configure, monitor and manage the company’s Content Delivery Network, to ensure maximum service availability to external and internal customers by providing efficient operations and maintenance support.
- Perform network surveillance 24/7, respond to network‐reported and customer‐reported problems and manage problem resolution using network monitoring/management tools. Take ownership to ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Escalate problems to third level support (Problem management team) where these cannot be resolved within the Network Operations Centre (NOC).
- Provide scheduled and on‐demand traffic analysis reports.
- Maintains inventory of equipment acquisitions, installations, designs, and modifications.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on diesel delivery/consumption and Monitor generator capacity and mileage.
- Monitors the Network Monitoring System and responds to and addresses system generated alerts as needed
- Monitors and ensures the stability of the network infrastructure hosting Network Monitoring System
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at Company’s POPs).
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Computer Science / Engineering or other related Course
- Minimum of 2 years’ cognate experience as network engineer preferable in an ISP/Telco environment.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification.
- Confident in MS office applications (particularly Excel).
- Able to work on a 24/7 shift Rotation and available for weekend/public holiday
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform the technical requirements
- Self‐motivated and capable of working in a cross‐functional team.
- Good knowledge of enterprise‐class IP infrastructure (routers/switches/firewalls).
- Solid troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of networking equipment administration.
- N100,000 monthly Net.
20th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Ms Word to: email@example.com using “NOC Engineer” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, ,NG
- Salary ₦ 50,000 - 100,000 NGN 50000-100000 Month