Location: Monguno, Borno
Slot: 6 Openings
Starting date: November, 2019
- Under the Direct Supervision of the Health Supervisor, the Nurse provides patients consultations in collaboration with Midwife and other team members in the facility.
- S/he follows PUI protocols and standards to ensure Quality and contiunity of care, promotion and restoration of health of patients and population.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Welcome patients to the facility.
- Establish personal rapport with potential and actual patients and their relatives.
- Assess urgency and make sure urgent cases are seen first.
- Assess and identify patients health needs.
- In the role of Clinician, manage the cases under his/her line of technical expertise, but also provide nursing care according to the need of the patient.
- Adhere to his/her level of therapeutic standards.
- Give first aid when needed.
- Provide low-key psychological support/Basic Psychological First Aid to patients according to need.
- Provide individual and group health education to patients, when appropriate.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Document collected information on health cards and other records.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly data collection for OPD
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Universal standards, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- In case of absence of another team member, the nurse will replace in the appropriate sector (nurses in other departments (triage, dressing, vaccination, nutrition, etc.…), midwives, registrar, and dispenser).
- In case of absence of the Team Leader, the nurse will take the Lead and will become the security focal point of the team.
- Ensure coordination and continuity of care through verbal and written reports and coordination with the other health staff.
- Participate actively in meetings and trainings when required.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors.
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Kanuri, Hausa
- Education degree: Recognized Nurse Degree (at least certificate level) with national legislation
- Work experience: 2-3 years of experience in Nursing, or in OPD services.
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
Knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good ability for team work
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking.
29th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
- Location Monguno, Borno USD Month
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND