Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Focus on strengthening existing case management system of the project to ensure quality services its conformity with GON and PEPFAR guidelines for nutrition services with focus on Children living with HIV (CLHIV) and their households.
- Linkage to treatment facilities and effective bi-directional referral systems including coordination of escort services and follow up at facility and community levels with focus on management of malnutrition.
- Provision of technical guidance on IYCF and Food demonstration to CSO partners, OVCA’s Community primary referral facility providers and care givers, particularly of reactive OVC on treatment.
- Work closely with the Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Advisor to implement program strategies to improve household food security
- Co-ordinates the documentation and reporting to DME of results and lessons learned In the subject areas, particularly the bi-directional referral system for Nutrition services using the principles of data driven programming
- Coordinate and document community to facility and facility to community nutrition and related activities
- Coordinate related quality improvement efforts at State, LGA, CSO and community levels
- Provide hands on and institutional level capacity building to CSOs, Case managers, Community volunteers and CIT members on nutrition services and referral linkages
Minimum Qualification / Skills:
- Advanced degree in Health Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with reputable organizations on Infant and child nutrition and referral services
- Advanced knowledge of current Nigeria’s HIV Response, HIV prevention and treatment adherence principles, particularly for children
- Knowledge of GON and PEPEAR current OVC guidelines and ability to address the guidelines using the project’s strategy.
- Must understand the principles of 90-90-90 towards zero HIV transmission and contribution of Community OVC programs to this goal.
- Experience working closely with other IPs and government personnel at several levels.
- Practical experience in IYCF and Food Demonstration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel to rural communities in difficult terrains with challenging roads
21st January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Important Information / Notice
- The above job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Pro-Health International is an equal -opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Location Bauchi, Bauchi, Bauchi NGN Month