Nutrition Smart Survey Program Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Full time
Contract Duration: 12 Months
- Nigeria is facing an unprecedented humanitarian crisis because of the ongoing conflict in the North-East of the country between the State and the non-State armed groups. With 1.8 million internally displaced people in the affected states (IOM, Displacement Tracking Matrix, October 2018) and 7.1 million people in need of humanitarian help (OCHA, Nigeria : Humanitarian Response Plan, 2019-2021), it is one of the gravest crisis in the world.
- Since the beginning of its involvement in Nigeria in 2010, Action Against Hunger answers to the urgent needs regarding nutritional security, through a multisectoral approach. We develop therefore programs in nutrition and health, food security and livelihood (FSL), and in water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH).
- Financing is issued from donors such as DFID, ECHO,OFDA, SDC, EU, USAID, AFD, and SIDA. The total budget amounts to approximately 70 million USD. With a staff strength of about 600, Action Against Hunger Nigeria has supported 1,923,308 persons with its life-saving activities in 2019 alone.
- Borno state is one of the largest states in the northeast region of Nigeria in terms of geography. The capital of the state is Maiduguri. This state is comprised of 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs). It is the homeland of Kanuri people who are the largest ethnic group, although there is a wide variety of ethnic groups in the state. Since the past decade, the insurgency from Non-State Armed Groups (NSAGs) has disrupted life in this state and the majority of the population is greatly affected resulting in a humanitarian crisis.
- The humanitarian context in the state continues to be challenging due to the increasing government bureaucratic restrictions, inaccessibility of the roads to the humanitarian organizations and upsurge in violent attacks from NSAG members against civilians, aid workers and the military and additional COVID- 19 restriction measures, which is further negatively impacting aid delivery in Borno state
- There are currently over 300 staff in the state implementing various projects in Maiduguri, Monguno, Mobbar, Jere, Konduga,and Nganzai Local Government Areas. Due to the COVID -19 pandemic, Maiduguri base has made the following provisions for staff in order to reduce the spread of the virus:
- As Maiduguri is the capital city of Borno state, most INGOs, approximately 46 organizations, working in the in the state have their main field/base offices there. A large number of these expats are working and based in Maiduguri. During the weekend and public holidays, the expats network a lot, having get-togethers and other social events. The city has many departmental stores/supermarkets from where one can get their daily groceries.
- Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Head of Department, you overall objective will be to oordinate the implementation of planned nutrition SMART surveys in the targeted areas.
More precisely, you will be responsible to :
- Collaborate with AAH team and coordinate the implementation of planned nutrition SMART surveys in the targeted areas
- Support and effectively manage surveys, teams and internal coordination
- Plan, support and follow up on capacity development of the field teams (including both AAH and SMoH staff) in nutrition assessment
- Represent ACF and coordinate externally
- Produce timely and quality reports
- You hold a Nurse, Nutrition/Public Health/ Statistics or relevant Masters degree, with at least 3 years of experience in conducting surveys, research or surveillance, with good reporting skills.
- You have the ability to coach, supervise and capacity build on SMART methodologies. You have some knowledge in SPSS, ENA, EPi-info and preferably attended the SMART survey Manager`s training or equivalent.
- You also have the ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites.
- You are recognized for your diplomacy, you have got stress management capacities.
- A former ACF experience is a plus.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
Specific conditions / Salary
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335 euros upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 539euros net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450 euros
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
- Location Maiduguri, Borno NGN Month