Report to: the Senior Manager – Operations.
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains.
- LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- The Office Manager will perform a broad range of clerical, secretarial, operations, office management, and reception duties.
- The Office Manager will be responsible for intra-office communication, office building/supply management, streamlining administrative and operational procedures, inventory control maintenance/management, and staff supervision.
- Work with the Senior Operations Manager to:
- Manage expendable/non-expendable inventory, including data entry to SharePoint, oversight of spot checks/verification, and more
- Establish and oversee hardcopy file retention guidelines and office administrative systems
- Book transport and accommodation for STTA/visitors
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops.
- Manage logistics, catering, and bookings.
- Handle all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials.
- Provide day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs.
- Ensure timely welcome services, store management and other support services for staff and visitors.
- Controls store inventory levels by conducting physical checking and counts.
- Liaise with IT Manager to ensure staff and office IT infrastructure is established and fully functional
- Maintain employee telephone lists, Project Operations Guide, desk/office assignments, and floor map.
- Liaise with building landlord as required for premise management and maintenance
- Order office supplies and inventory as required.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, arrange hotel bookings and coordinate car hire pick ups
- Assist staff with mailing projects and provide support as needed.
- Organize the schedule of vehicle movements and allocate drivers to programs for all field activities
- Preparing of duty roaster for car hire drivers.
- Collate all used log sheets from car vendor, with invoices and request for payment to process payment for each month.
- Manage the monitoring diesel consumption of generators ensure diesel for generator doesn’t go below buffer stock level.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting generator preventive and maintenance due hours with a view to alert the service company.
- Ensure that vehicles and all equipment are in good conditions and liaise drivers about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the office – effective coordination and use of vehicles.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Senior Manager Operations.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least six (6) years’ experience relevant to this position required, with at least four years of years of experience in office management/administration.
- At least three years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff required.
- Knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Strong knowledge of USG procurement rules and regulations.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Excel and Word;
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English required.
15th March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Location Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND