Job ID: 13-11020
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A559 – Nigeria GF Malaria
Reports To: Senior Operations and Procurement Specialist
- The Operations Intern will support the smooth operations of logistics provided by the Operations Unit (COMU) by providing clerical support
- S/he works with the Senior Operations and Procurement Specialist to make hotel and airline arrangements, provide assistance to staff in need of visas, assist Expats and TCN in obtaining Nigerian resident visas, coordinate the arrangement of materials and equipment as specified in the activity profiles, coordinate the management of the inventory, provide assistance for optimum and efficient operations of the project as well as provide assistance to assure shipments to the projects clear customs in a timely manner.
- Arrange hotel for Nigerian staff, participants, consultants who are coming to Abuja for assignments
- Arrange hotel for TDY staff coming to assist Nigeria teams
- Assist staff in obtaining visas for international travel
- Assist in making international and local travel arrangements
- Arrange for telephones and internet modems for TDY and new staff, as the case may be
- Provide assistance and follow up with Expats and TCNs on obtaining Nigerian resident visa
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and ensure that packing list, waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared and ensure that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure the availability of desks, chairs etc. are ready for them to use on the start day
- Inventory and asset management
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Coordinate procurement and engagement of vendors for goods and services.
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location
- Keep inventory of project equipment at the state level
- Ability to travel domestically as required to support program activities.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or equivalent relevant experience
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn complex program procedures
- Good typing skills.
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and knowledge of Photoshop. Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to provide support
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Strong office and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
1st April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja, ,NG NGN Month