Operations Specialist (Risk Compliance)
Job No: 555337
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
How Can You Make A Difference?
- In this role, under the supervision of the Deputy Representative Operations, the Operations Specialist will be responsible for strengthening risk assurance and compliance efforts in the context of a large/medium/small scale country office.
- You will also be responsible for providing complementary expertise, support, and monitoring related to the management of risk, including but not limited to the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of risk management practices at a process, systems, and entity level. In addition to this, the successful candidate will ensure the achievement of risk management objectives follows organizational rules and regulations, and acceptable ethical behavior; internal control; information and technology security; sustainability; and quality assurance.
- Moreover, he/she will provide analysis and reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and internal control.
- Risk management support: Provide guidance and support the office in the annual risk assessment process and monitor the reliability of reports and their compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Compliance support: Review the office systems, procedures, and processes for compliance with organizational rules and regulations and Enforce and strengthen internal controls
- Fraud risk Management support: Support the management of the office in collecting evidence to respond to OIAI’s queries when initially assessing allegations of fraud and misconduct or during actual investigations
- Oversight and advisory to the Management: Advise the management on actions to be taken to enforce and strengthen accountabilities for a robust, responsive, and transparent governance framework
- Create awareness/capacity building: Establish a system to document and report weaknesses in internal control and implement actions aimed at addressing internal controls gaps
- Any support needed from the regional office: On request, support the Regional Office in conducting reviews exercises in countries where Risk and Compliance positions are not established
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An advanced University Degree in Business Administration and Financial Management. Operations Management, Strategic Management, Risk Management, Audit, Investigation, Internal Control, Statistics and Data Analysis or Accounting certifications are considered as assets.
- At least 8 (eight) years of continuous professional work experience in Internal Audit, Internal Control, Risk and Compliance or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit. Experience in financial management, particularly developing and implementing financial control systems, ERM, audits, internal control preferably with international organizations, NGOs, and the UN.
- Field experience /familiarity with the Emergency context
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA)
- Builds and maintains partnerships – Level 2
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness- Level 2
- Drive to achieve results for impact – Level 2
- Innovates and embraces change – Level 2
- Manages ambiguity and complexity – Level 2
- Thinks and acts strategically – Level 2
- Works collaboratively with others – Level 2
- Nurtures, leads, and manages people – Level 2
- Communication [II]
- Working with People [II)
- Drive for Results [II]
- Emotional Intelligence
25th September, 2022 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female are encouraged to apply.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
- Location Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND