Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- The optician’s main duties are to design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for clients according to written optical prescription or specification.
- Measure customer for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
- Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames. Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit client.
- Provide expert service to customers regarding their optical needs.
- Measure, fit, adapt, adjust and repair eyewear. Repair frames by replacing hinges, nose pads or temples.
- Interpreting the results of eye examinations, using prescriptions written by Optometrists.
- Manufacture lenses in on-site finishing lab (when possible) to measurements taken.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specific.
- Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
- Take appropriate markings on the patient’s frame and fixing with axis orientation.
- Prepare and deliver work orders to the laboratory for lens grinding and eyewear fabrication, as needed.
- Verify quality and measurements of materials returned from the lab.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current trends in eyewear and ophthalmic lens technology.
- Measure clients’ bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centres of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Interpreting the results of eye examinations, using prescriptions written by Optometrists
- Adjusting frames so they fit properly
- Preparing orders for glasses and contact lenses by checking prescriptions, lens thickness and other specifications
- Making sure that orders for glasses and contact lenses have been processed accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates should possess an HND / OND qualification
- 1-3 years’ cognate work experience.
- The person must possess a certification in opticianry.
- Valid license to operate as an optician.
- Excellent customer service and sales ability skills.
- Knowledge of visual defects/anomalies and lens types
- Experience using optical instrumentation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mathematics skills for calculating vision angles and distances.
- Precision and excellent attention to detail.
30th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Warri, Delta
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification OND