Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- This role is responsible for assisting clients and patients undergoing surgery restore and sustain their health and wellbeing.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain the theater for all surgical procedures
- Provides nursing care to patients undergoing surgery
- Instruct and supervise ward assistants in preparing, sterilizing and caring for theater equipment and supplies
- Documenting and maintaining concise and complete records and report
- Conduct preoperative and post-operative checks
- Clean and restore equipment and work areas, leaving them suitable for future use thus maintaining a clean and safe environment always
- Performing procedures such as monitoring of vital signs with necessarily follow up, administering medication, wound dressings, IV placement and providing other assistance as required
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies and quality standards.
- Participate in your departmental quality improvement project
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Ensuring proper marking of surgical sites
- Reduction in infection rate
- Incidence reporting and adequate documentation
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards.
- RN, RPON (Registered Peri-Operative Nursing Diploma)
- A minimum of 1 year post qualification experience is desirable
- Valid Peri-Operative Nurse practice license.
- Basic Life Support skills
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Skills
- I CARE
- Attention to details
- Good interpersonal and communication Skills
- Ability to handle stress and crisis situations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Ikoyi, Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3