Job Title: Pharmacy Intern (Retail)
Job Type: Internship
As a Pharmacy Intern in our retail pharmacy store, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in a dynamic healthcare environment. Under the supervision of licensed pharmacists, you will assist with various pharmacy operations, patient care, and customer service. This internship provides a unique chance to apply your pharmaceutical knowledge in real-world scenarios and develop your skills for a rewarding career in pharmacy.
- Medication Dispensing: Assist in the accurate and safe dispensing of prescription medications, including counting, labeling, and packaging.
- Patient Consultations: Interact with patients, addressing inquiries, and providing medication counseling on proper usage, side effects, and precautions.
- Prescription Verification: Assist in verifying and processing prescription orders, ensuring accuracy and compliance with pharmaceutical regulations.
- Inventory Management: Help manage pharmacy inventory, including restocking shelves, monitoring expiration dates, and maintaining proper storage conditions.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service by answering phone calls, assisting walk-in customers, and addressing their needs and concerns.
- Pharmacy Documentation: Maintain accurate records and documentation of prescription orders, patient profiles, and inventory levels.
- Health and Safety: Adhere to all pharmacy regulations and safety standards to ensure the well-being of patients and staff.
- Medication Compounding: Under pharmacist supervision, assist with compounding specialized medications as required.
- Learning and Development: Actively participate in training sessions and educational opportunities to enhance pharmaceutical knowledge and skills.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited pharmacy school.
- Possession of a valid and current license to practice as a pharmacy intern, as required by local regulations.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in retail pharmacy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in handling medications and documentation.
- Customer-focused attitude with a commitment to providing outstanding service.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to learn and take direction from licensed pharmacists.
- Completion of a pharmacy internship program may be required, depending on local regulations.
- Familiarity with pharmacy software and technology is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in a retail pharmacy setting.
- Mentorship from experienced pharmacists.
- Exposure to a wide range of pharmaceutical products and patient interactions.
- Potential for future career opportunities within the organization.
- Stipend or compensation for the internship.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Pharmacy Intern (Retail)” as the subject of the email. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND