Policy & Advocacy Officer
- The overview of the role is to increase advocacy work and the profile of SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria by leveraging its expertise as a Child Care & Protection Organization.
- The Policy and Advocacy Officer is a varied role, requiring significant skills in networking and building relationships across a range of sectors, from politics, policy making, child protection networks, international aid organizations, religious groups and structures, and academia.
- He/She will need outstanding document drafting/writing skills and the ability to communicate orally to a range of audiences from technical experts to ordinary people/stakeholders in the State.
- Undertake policy analysis and monitoring.
- Use evidence from the field to communicate and advocate to stakeholders.
- Lead the advocacy strategy for the Programme in the Edo State
- Contribute to public and private debate on Child Care, Protection and youth related topics.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social science field.
- Experienced in influencing and advocacy work including policy development and information on issues relating to children and young people.
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in Communication, Advocacy or policy related field.
- Excellent analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong research, policy development and writing skills.
7th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Edo, Edo, Edo USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND