Policy Communications Manager (SSA)
- The Policy Communications Managers key role will be to support a wide variety of press-facing policy issues across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You will need to understand the complex multi-country media environment, our policies, the social debate around our platforms and the cultural context of multiple countries.
- You will be part of the Sub-Saharan Africa Communications team and work closely with the EMEA Policy Communications team and country policy teams to communicate the companies position on some of the most interesting tech related policy issues of our time, including privacy, safety and security, freedom of expression, the impact of the Internet on economic growth, cybersecurity and new opportunities for democratic engagement.
- Manage policy related press issues for the region
- Work closely with country comms and policy teams to tackle issues and build proactive communications moments that advance the company’s position on key policy areas
- Counsel cross-functional partners on communications considerations for policy changes, product updates and other announcements that will impact the SSA region
- Draft statements and messaging
- Train and brief spokespeople on policy issues
- Distill complex policy concepts into plain language for press and the broader community across the region
- Significant and relevant experience of working on complex, high-profile press-facing issues
- Understanding of press, politics and political structures across the region
- Superb English verbal and written communications skills. Fluency in English is required with additional African languages a plus
- The successful candidate must be located in the Africa region, Kenya, Nigeria or South Arica.
- Team player with strong project management, decision-making and negotiation skills
- Excellent judgment, excellent communication and persuasive skills, creativity, perspective, the ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter that with a desire to tackle hard issues
- Excellent writer and communications skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos,Lagos,Lagos USD Month