Portfolio Manager – Equities
Department / Unit: Investment Management.
- The Portfolio Manager will work closely with relationship managers to manage, monitor, and maintain client portfolios and funds. He/she will develop and research Equity investment ideas for clients, perform due diligence on existing investments, and serve as a member of the Investment Committee.
- This is a senior role which involves mentoring Investment Management Analysts and other junior investment professionals; and has decision‐making authority and responsibility on clients’ investment matters.
- Directly Reports To: Managing Director, Cordros Asset Management.
- Directly Supervises: Investment Management Analysts.
- Critical thinking about macroeconomic investment ideas and forecasting methodology, and the ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Conducting industry and company specific comprehensive fundamental analysis, including in-depth financial statement analysis.
- Presenting overviews, reports and timely investment recommendations to the Asset Management team, including buy, sell and hold recommendations.
- Developing and implementing investment strategies & asset allocation for individual and institutional investors.
- Collaborating with all team members on the design of investment strategies for all products and services.
- Monitoring trends within the capital market.
- Contributing to the development of policies and processes for portfolio analysis and management, investor reporting and regulatory
- Analyzing investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns and risk
- Participating in investor meetings and calls to provide portfolio
- Providing content proposals to potential
- Serve as an in–house consultant to the sales teams and relationship managers on all products and services.
- Meeting with relationship managers to review and manage client portfolios and investment guidelines.
- Actively participate as a member of the Investment
- Manage projects assigned by the Investment
- Minimum of a Second Class Lower Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics, Statistics, Banking and Finance or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- An MBA or related Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- ACS, ACA or CFA Certifications will also be an added advantage.
- 8–10 years industry experience, of which 6 years must have been spent in investment/portfolio/funds management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Global, Domestic Economy and the Nigerian Capital Market.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of various asset classes.
- Sound knowledge of investment and risk management fundamentals.
- Deep technical expertise in research and investment analysis.
- Deep knowledge of asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, adept at concise
- Outstanding client relationship development and management
- High degree of Excel proficiency-the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with
- Proactive problem-solving
- Aptitude for presenting financial information in understandable formats for multiple
- Leadership and People Management Skills.
Behavioural Attributes Required:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Client first attitude, professional demeanour, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary
- Ability to multi‐task and manage time
- Self‐motivated, confident, detail‐oriented, and
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location lagos, lagos, lagos NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND