Premises Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Jos, Plateau
- Under the direct supervision of Finance and Administration Manager, the Premises Maintenance Supervisor ensures proper maintenance of ICRC premises, lease contracts and equipment, with close supervision of the maintenance team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and repairs equipment and infrastructure; coordinates and/or supervises any work done by external providers with respect of timeline
- Analyse and formulate solutions or technical support for the electrical, carpentry, masonry, or metal works, plumbing, painting, and any other civil works.
- Immediately alerts to any issues that could have negative consequences or represent risk (technical malfunctions, accidents)
- Orders or purchases any necessary material and supplies, in coordination with logistics staff and maintenance team
- Brief new collaborators and others as necessary on maintenance, use of equipment & appliances in the ICRC premises.
- Ensure that office structures and residences are well maintained, acting on necessary improvements and preventive maintenance measures
- Prepare, read interpret designs, drawings, and bills of quantities (estimates & costing) and work progress schedules for all civil works as necessary.
- Plan new constructions with Finance and Admin Manager and co-ordinate maintenance of buildings at Delegation, Logistics, and all housing premises.
- Assess the condition of new premises by filling the takeover form and write a report to the Finance and Admin Manager on needed repairs and a work plan.
- Ensures planned proactive maintenance (PPM) of all premises to reduce or prevent corrective maintenance
- Manage all the passive security projects and ensure the implementation of all compulsory measures in all premises and offices.
- Ensures compliance to Electrical Safety and Precaution (ESAP) and minimum safety standards of the ICRC in all maintenance works.
- Ensures inventory of working tools, equipment, safety gears are always up to date.
- Make sure essential kits (First Aid, Malaria, Emergency Stock) are up to date.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Previous experience working with an INGO, Embassy, or related organisations
Desired profile and Skills:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office software skills (outlook, Excel Power Point, Word).
14th November, 2022 – 16:30 hours.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org using “ABJ202200337 Premises Maintenance Supervisor JOS” as the subject of the mail.
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202200337 Premises Maintenance Supervisor JOS” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be considered)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the following format:
- Qualification(s) – Current location – Languages you speak – Years of relevant experience
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Location Plateau,Jos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND