Primary Health Care Advisor
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded seven-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health
- It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities
- Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
Purpose of Role
- The State Primary Health Care Advisor for Osun will liaise with the State Primary Healthcare Development Agency (SPHCDA), the Local Government Health Authority (where applicable), Ward Development Committees and PHCs
- S/he will provide technical support to the SPHCDA and LGA Health in operationalising the relevant structures and systems required in strengthening the governance of primary health care
- The candidate will also support and build the capacity of the WDCs and PHCs in the development of Quality Improvement Plans, business plans
- The Advisors will report to their respective State Team Leads on an operational basis and will receive technical direction and support from the Technical Director, Health Systems Strengthening
- The State PHC Advisor will also be responsible for working with relevant key stakeholders to generate demand for quality health care services.
- Support the SPHCDA in developing and operationalising functional structures and systems for effective governance of primary health care services
- Support the SPHCDA in the capacity building of health workers in the PHC on quality improvement, financial management, financial and operational reporting, routine health management information systems and other skills required for effectively managing the PHC
- Support and build the capacity of the Quality Improvement Committee in the development and monitoring of quality improvement strategies and plans
- Build the capacity of the WDCs to effectively on financial management and accountability and the effective oversight of the PHCs
- Liaise with and build the capacity of the SPHCDA and the PHCs in the effective management
- Ensure the implementation of the HP+ workplan at the state
- Provide regular progress updates and reports to the HP+ state Team Lead, HP+ national team and state-level stakeholders
- Represent HP+ at relevant stakeholder meetings, committees and technical working groups at the state level.
- Coordinate the definition of community information needs and the development of a community engagement plan for the HP+ project and ensure effective implementation in support of project objectives.
- Work closely with community partner/groups (WDCs and others) and maintain an active network of community-based and other relevant local and national organizations to increase awareness of, advocacy for, and access of quality health care services.
- Support and promote the WDC’s active participation in the oversight of the PHC
- Support the WDC in strengthening linkages with PHCs, community-based organizations, community groups and other key stakeholders to facilitate the effective performance of their roles
- Work with the WDC and other relevant actors to develop systems and structures for regular community engagement and feedback
- Develop and share appropriate advocacy messages and material through various media/fora including print, community information sessions and digital engagement approaches
- Assist other state team members in capacity building as needed.
- B.A/B.Sc. in International Affairs, Public Health or a related field. A Postgraduate qualification in Health Policy and Management or Public Health with a focus on health systems strengthening is an advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in implementing public health programmes with a focus on health systems
- Experience with implementing programmes at the primary health care level is an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Nigerian health sector and the health financing landscape
- Demonstrated experience in managing stakeholders and building capacity at sub-national levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong analytic skills with attention to detail
- Ability to function/work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge/work experience in the preferred state or its environs and ability to speak the local language(s) will be preferable
14th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Osun USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND