Principal Planning Engineer
Reference ID: R119818
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Process Engineering
What’s the Role?
- The position as Principal Planning Engineer is responsible for development, maintenance and delivery of standard, consistent and realistic plans for projects in SPDC Projects & Engineering portfolio and for all phases of the Opportunity Realisation Standard (ORS).
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures.
- Develop the list of plans required to execute the project and their hierarchy relationship. Drive, manage and ensure completeness of the development of the activities, logic, resources, and progress for the integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline and its subsequent maintenance.
- Instigate, develop, and police the planning and progress monitoring procedures to ensure that each element of the project performs the processes timely and consistently – this also includes the projects inputs to Integrated Activity Planning.
- Own the overall schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses. Develop status reporting framework and implement throughout the planning hierarchy. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management.
- Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project. Prepare reconciliation between earlier schedules and the current schedule. Consolidate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and ‘What if scenarios’ to aid project management decision-making.
- Liaise with and challenge SPDC Planning Community in particular and Project Community in general to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Contribute to the development of contract strategies documents. Ensure that all contract key dates and milestones align with the overall integrated plan. Coordinate evaluation of bid schedules and review contractor plans to support contract award recommendations. Coordinate management of key schedule performance indicators as inputs into contract management plan and delivery of the same.
- Contribute to the development of projects risk profiles and translate these into the projects plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate. Enforce monitoring and reporting of schedule risk mitigation efforts, critical paths to completion, float consumption and schedule contingency utilisation. Coordinate development and maintenance of schedule risk models and support enhancing performance in schedule risk management in projects across the portfolio.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on planning engineering in SPDC.
What we need from you?
- Engineering Degree and / or Certification as Senior Planning Engineer or equivalent,
- With minimum of 15+ years industry experience in project planning positions across all project phases.
- Experience in managing portfolio of projects. Preferable SPA level 2 Project Planning.
- Sound understanding of project services systems and good inter-personal skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites. All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Location Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Years Of Experience 10-15
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND