Procurement and Logistics Coordinator
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Procurement and Logistics Coordinator in Abuja for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 01 activity in Nigeria
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through the improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Zamfara States
The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment;
- Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and
- Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Comply with all Chemonics and SHARP TO 01 policies and procedures and USAID regulations in project procurement and subcontract award management.
- Oversee the policies, practices, and procedures at all aspects of SHARP TO 01 procurement, contribute to the development of project procurement plan in accordance with approved workplan and implementation of procurement and sourcing strategies.
- Take lead on all routine procurement requests of the project in-country office as well as state offices, work closely with the administration staff to help meet the requirement for routine procurement on a timely basis.
- Work closely with the program team in developing and finalizing RFQs, RFPs, RFAs, RFIs for programmatic procurements, identify best means to maximize outreach to interested groups.
- Manage the whole procurement process of floating the requests, identifying suitable vendors, and finalizing the purchase orders or subcontracts; and ensuring the delivery of goods and services in accordance with agreed-upon terms.
- Assist in negotiation of subcontracts, purchase orders on behalf of the project.
- Ensure that subcontractors, vendors comply with all regulatory requirements of the agreement.
- Assist with administration of project sponsored conferences, workshops, and training activities infield.
- Maintain an accurate database of the vendors, update it from time to time through the identification of new vendors for floating the RFQs, RFPs as may be required.
- Maintain an organized procurement filling system in accordance with standard organizational policy.
- Producing periodic reports, monthly and quarterly, of procurement actions and status update
- Ensure purchases orders information is accurately maintained in the central MIS system
- Provide logistics support as may be required by the project
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Public Administration, Economics, or any other related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in procurement and/or supply chain management; work experience on USAID or any other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Familiarity with local as well as USG rules and regulations is required.
- Proven ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with donors, subcontractors, grantees, and vendors in general.
- Flexible with a creative personality, ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work.
- Good communication skills, fluency in English is required.
- Good ITC skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND