Requisition ID: req12105
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Overview / Summary
- The Procurement Assistant (Intern) is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s procurement system.
- Supply Chain must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, team supporting, supplier reference checking, updating procurement trackers & supplier data base along with material category price list, S / he will also help the staff in finalizing the planned MSA / MPA’s in a timely manner by supporting in the site visits procedure & documentation preparation
- Updating supplier data base & Material category price list
- Updating payment sheet, Sole procurement Tracking sheets & MSA tracker
- Sourcing new suppliers through site visits and online search
- Assist on photocopying, scanning, archiving procurement files &reception of goods
- Follow-up internally between SC department and Finance department on procurement related transactions.
- Following the guidance of the procurement staff, to ensure that all fields’ goods, to be dispatched along with all the needed documentation (Waybills…).
- Sending request for feedback regarding suppliers performance & update supplier files accordingly
- Participate MSA / MPA and Tender procedures as per staff need.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Procurement Officer or senior procurement manager
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Procurement Officer
- Position directly supervises: N / A
- Other Internal and / or external contacts:
- Internal: Suppy Chain, Program and Finance team.
- External: Vendors.
- Under Graduate or Bachelor University Degree, preferably in Management, Administration or related fields
- Work Experience: 0-1 year
- Language Skills: Excellent in English
- Maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sense of humor
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft excel.
- A good command of English language.
- This position is located in Maiduguri.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information & Notice
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Location , Maiduguri, Borno, Borno NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND