Procurement & Logistic Assistant – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- This position is housed in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to the State Team Leader.
- Under the supervision of State Team Leader, she/he will be responsible to ensure timely, cost effective and safe delivery of goods and services to clients and to assist in the implementation of well-coordinated procurement and logistics activities
His/her duties include:
- Prepare all necessary documentation for handling logistics of goods and services procured in accordance with Creative/USAID rules and regulations, and any other documents as needed;
- Maintain the records on procurement process and related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability;
- Assist in scheduled updating of the procurement express portal regularly
- Maintain a database of goods in movement and deliveries completed;
- Assist in monitoring deliverables under contracts awarded and prepare documentation for review by the procurement team.
- Undertake field missions when required;
- Keep abreast of relevant products/services market developments;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Assist the Logistics & Procurement Officer in managing daily vehicle movement for the office
- Ensure that all rented vehicles are in good working conditions
- Ensure that all NEI Plus owned and rented vehicles are using NEI Pius log sheet record properly
- Ensure that all NEI Plus Drivers have valid driving licenses at all the times
- Update general inventory list timely as soon as new assets are procured
- Ensure that all Creative NEI Plus project assets are given unique tagged number
- Assist the Logistics &Procurement Officer in conducting periodic physical verification/tracking of the assets on quarterly basis
- Send inventory report to the Logistic and Procurement Officer on quarterly basis.
- Support other office operations as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- College Degree in Purchasing or related field
- 2+ years experience in procurement and Administration
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning and scheduling skills;
- Experience in a USG or donor funded project or NGO preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- English fluency including business terminology required
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
28th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: email@example.com using “Procurement & Logistic Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Location Bauchi, Bauchi, Bauchi USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND