: Professional Development and Staffing Coordinator
Who You’ll Work With:
- You will be based in our Lagos office as part of McKinsey Africa which is a fast-growing office with 250+ client serving consultants.
- You will work closely with the Africa office leadership group, consultants and the wider professional development team.
- You will coordinate the staffing and key people processes for approximately 40 consultants.
What You’ll Do
- You will manage end to end ownership of projects with integrated staffing and professional development for our People Operations team.
- In this role, you will deliver the right talent to our clients while working with leadership to develop an understanding of client needs.
- You will provide coaching and guidance to client service colleagues on their staffing and professional development through understanding their experience, aspirations, and circumstances while always aiming at balancing between client, team and individual needs.
- You will coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth mobilization and deployment of teams.
- You will maintain accurate and up-to-date information in all people information systems and develop these systems so that they are reliable and efficient. You will lead analysis and reporting of key staffing and professional development metrics for local office leadership.
- You will develop a network of staffers/professional development managers within the firm to facilitate inbound/outbound staffing assignments and ensure flow and implementation of best practices.
- Additionally, you will develop an understanding of client service professional aspirations, strengths and development needs or relevant personal circumstances.
- You will monitor consultants’ development and satisfaction to provide counsel on specific assignments and general skill development as well as guide client service people on development path, work-life questions and other matters.
- 3+ years of administrative experience ideally in a professional services environment
- Interest and excitement for digital tools and fluent user of standard business systems (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Dynamic team player who takes initiative and ownership
- Ability to work well independently, prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally, collegially and comfortably with partners, consultants and support team members
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Interest and excitement for improving processes
- Analytical and rigorous in developing solutions; ability to dive into details where necessary and to also take a big picture view
- Excellent process management skills; ability to multitask
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5