Program Data Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position Type: Short term (approximately 3-4 months)
Company/Division: JSI – R & T/International
- The Access Collaborative is a six-year project led by PATH. JSI is a sub-grantee to PATH. Subcutaneous DMPA (DMPA-SC) is an innovative subcutaneous injectable contraceptive that is currently being introduced in many countries, with a focus on increasing women’s access to safe, effective contraception within a context of contraceptive method mix and informed choice.
- The Access Collaborative works with country stakeholders and facilitates coordination of DMPA-SC and self-injection (SI) scale-up in several countries in sub-Saharan Africa, including Nigeria. This support includes developing and maintaining ad-hoc data management systems to track scale-up progress.
- The DISC data request is to build off the ad-hoc DMPA-SC/SI data which AC collects in three states of Nigeria. This will involve facility-specific data collection and transition to the DISC team to inform programming. The JSI Nigeria team will relate with the state stakeholders, governments and partners (where necessary) to ensure a smooth data collection, collation and transmission mechanism to the DISC team/CIFF.
- John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is seeking a highly motivated Program Data Associate to support the Nigeria team in these activities. He/she will also work in close collaboration with the Access Collaborative Nigeria team to successfully implement DMPA-SC and SI data management activities in Nigeria.
- He/she will report to the Access Collaborative Country Coordinator for Nigeria.
- Develop a strong working relationship with stakeholders, including state- and LGA-level government program managers.
- Collect and upload routine data on select indicators across assigned facilities
- Cleanand support analysis, reporting and dissemination of monthly data within stipulated timelines.
- Build capacity of public sector service providers on high quality data reporting using the country’s HMIS tools.
- Support meeting and workshop preparation, including drafting materials (PPTs, speeches, briefings, agenda).
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Work with Nigeria AC team on ad-hoc program activities as required.
The deliverables for this consultancy will be:
- Routine collection and upload of quality DMPA-SC/SI data from assigned facilities.
- Routine implementation of data quality assessment plan.
- Ensure efficient planning and coordination of meetings and programs.
- Prepare for and participate in state-level capacity building workshops.
- Deliver on ad hoc tasks as assigned by the JSI Nigeria team lead.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Health Management, or other fields related to Public Health Research.
- A Master of Public Health Degree is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in data collection, analysis and visualization.
- Strong skills in data management and data quality.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the MS Office package, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Competent in using cloud-based productivity and collaboration tools, especially Google Workspace tools such Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Calendar.
8th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in English and a list of three referees with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Application for Program Data Associate position” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Location Abuja USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND