Program Officer, TB/HIV
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Nasarawa, Two for Central Office (1 Global Fund, 1 ACHIEVE)
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
- Quality of care assessment and ensuring that patients in all IHVN supported facilities receive high-quality comprehensive TB/HIV /AIDS care and treatment in line with WHO and National Guidelines in PEPFAR and Global Fund sites (TB/HIV, MDR-TB).
- Program facilitation for effectiveness and efficiency, facilitation of communication, collaboration, task sharing and teamwork among clinic staff of all sites.
- Provision of on-site clinical mentoring and technical assistance to clinic staff of all sites.
- Improvement of strong linkages between the ART clinics and the TB/DOT clinics.
- To ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system.
- To perform quality improvement, program evaluation, monitoring and to render administrative support.
- Participation in meetings and other initiatives as assigned.
- To work with Principal Recipients (NACA, FHI360NTBLCP, etc.) and Sub-partner staff (Solina, EFMC, PETR-GS,EHAI, ILEP, CARITAS, KNCV etc), government agencies at all levels, donor representatives, facility/site staff, focal persons and IHVN staff to effectively manage programmatic challenges.
- To report all activities to the central office Senior Program Officer TB/HIV, Technical Advisor HIV/TB/MDR-TB and the Director/Head, Clinical Services Department.
- To adhere and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- To carry out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services department.
- A University degree in Medicine. An MPH or additional master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in the computer programming – Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency in data analysis, good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
- Ability to evaluate data and prepare quality reports often under pressure and in complex situations.
- Being goal oriented with ability to plan and organize, make decisions, manage time and practice critical thinking.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on TBHIV, care and treatment. She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR or GF funded care and treatment program. Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and management of TB programs.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
- Familiarity with the broad range of TBHIV issues, understanding of the major issues affecting TBHIV with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of TBHIV programs in Nigeria.
17th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Assistant Director, Human Resources” through this email address: email@example.com
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Location Abuja/Nasarawa USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND