Programme Analyst -Technical Coherence Officer (Spotlight Initiative)
Post Level: P-2
Type of Contract: TA International
Additional Category: Gender Equality
Languages Required: English, French
Duration of Initial Contract: 364 days
Starting Date: 01-Jan-2022
Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 January to 30 December, 2022.
- UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
- The Spotlight Initiative is a global partnership between the United Nations (UN) and the European Union (EU) to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls in support of the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development. It was launched in September 2017 by the UN Secretary-General and the EU High Representative and Vice President (HRVP).
- The 500 million Euro Initiative provides a model for partnerships with donors, civil society, and the UN to deliver on the SDGs in a comprehensive manner leveraging comparative expertise.
- SDG 5 and the achievement of gender equality are placed at the center of efforts (alongside Goal 16) with the aim to provide an enabling environment for the implementation of all goals. Within the UN, the Initiative will operationalize the UN development system reforms and model a new way of delivering on the SDGs in an integrated way, leveraging collaborative advantages.
- Three Core Agencies: UNDP (the United Nations Development Programme, the United Nations Population (UNFPA) and UN Women) will work together with other UN agencies to make large-scale investments in priority countries.
- UN Women is assigned the role of ensuring technical coherence within the Spotlight Initiative global configuration, and the Nigeria Country Office has a Technical Coherence Specialist in place, who is also the Programme Manager for the UN Women component of the programme.
- The Programme Analyst will report directly to the Technical Coherence Specialist, and s/he will contribute substantially towards the execution of UN Women’s Technical Coherence functions in the implementation of the Spotlight Initiative in Nigeria.
- This will involve providing direct support to the Technical Coherence Specialist/ Spotlight Programme Manager at the Country Office, and to the Spotlight Coordinator at the Resident Coordinator’s Office, who has overall responsibility for coordinating the planning, and delivery of the Programme in the country.
- S/he will be part of a team the Spotlight technical team providing strategic engagement with the Government counterparts, programme oversight and monitoring, and quality assurance of the programme components, in coordination with the Civil Society Group and the National Steering Committee.
- Through the Technical Coherence Specialist at UN Women, the Programme Analyst will provide technical inputs to the Nigeria Spotlight Coordination team in the office of the UN Resident Coordinator, including the Coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and Communications Specialist; and work closely with the technical teams of the other Recipient UN Organizations (UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF and UNESCO), implementing partners, civil society and Government counterpart institutions to ensure coherence in the implementation of Spotlight Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the Spotlight Programme
- Support the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the Spotlight Programme at the national and sub-national levels.
- Support the convening of scheduled coherence meetings of the Spotlight Programme stakeholders, including meetings of Technical Team (from the RUNOs), the Steering Committees and the Civil Society National Reference Group and report on outputs.
- Provide technical assistance and innovative approaches to ensure that the Spotlight Programme interventions are harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts.
- Support with the design, development, conduct and analysis of research on Spotlight Initiative in Nigeria.
- Support with the development of knowledge products on Spotlight Initiative.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to the Spotlight programme parnters
- Contribute substantial technical inputs into the design and formulation of programme strategies and initiatives, including the identification of critical areas for support and interventions.
- Provide inputs into programme/ project proposals, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to the Spotlight programme;
- Support periodic consultations with key stakeholders, women leaders, human rights experts and UN partners to gather inputs on programme design, as necessary.
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, to develop and implement capacity development initiatives.
- Provide technical support to facilitate the development and implementation of a harmonized approach to capacity building among the Spotlight stakeholders (UN agencies, government departments, donors, and NGOs).
- Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide technical inputs into the development of a joint resource mobilization and sustainability strategy for the Programme.
- Support partnerships engagement with private sector on ending EVAWG and on the private sector GBV fund.
- Develop relevant documentation on donors and develop potential opportunities for resource mobilization.
- Develop strategies to enhance coherence, coordination, and alignment among the stakeholders involved in the implementation of the Spotlight initiative at the national and sub-national levels.
- Provide technical contributions to inter-agency coordination of the Spotlight Initiative by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committee.
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Provide substantial technical inputs into the development and implementation of knowledge management strategies and methodologies for the Spotlight Programme in Nigeria.
- Contribute to promoting the visibility and awareness in relation to programme implementation.
- Facilitate the dissemination of knowledge products on the Spotlight programme targeting relevant stakeholders at the state, national and international levels.
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to EVAWG.
- Develop advocacy strategies and support their implementation.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning.
- Develop knowledge management strategies, products, and methodologies on EVAWG.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality programme design and inputs to Strategic Note;
- Timely and quality of programme delivery in line with budget and workplans, and in line with all UN Women operational rules and regulations, including security;
- Timely and quality monitoring and evaluation of programmes;
- Quality reports and timely submission;
- Regular communication with other agencies and partners;
- Quality advocacy and communication initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certifications
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Human Rights, Gender / Women’s Studies, International Development, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university Degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university Degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Technical experience in gender issues with focus on gender-based violence is preferred;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in Coordinating Spotlight Program is a strong Asset.
- Respect for Diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Effective Communication.
- Inclusive Collaboration.
- Stakeholder Engagement.
- Leading by Example.
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management.
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions, and present findings and recommendations.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Gender-based Violence (GBV).
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
3rd November, 2021 (Midnight New York, USA).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Location Abuja,Abuja,Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA