Location: Oloibiri Town, Bayelsa
Job Type: Full Time
- We are seeking to employ a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial, experienced Manager with a history of nurturing a new organization.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, projects in education, health, water and sanitation and/or small business development would be an advantage
- This position will report to and work directly with the board of OHP Ltd GTE.
- The Programme Manager will build relationships with communities and facilitate the delivery of projects identified by the community
- Working in complete collaboration with community members, government and other stakeholders, will ensure that the appropriate structures are in place to guarantee the long-term sustainability of the projects developed.
- This position will support a number of community-based projects and will handle a broad and diverse range of responsibilities and assignments to support the Organization both internally and externally.
- Manage a portfolio of cross-sectional projects.
- Report to the Board Members, while maintaining operational consistency across all approved projects.
- Support partners and stakeholders in project management functions.
- Work with the finance department to provide financial and reporting support for programme leads and other stakeholders, with proper project financial management workflows and reporting.
- Manage any necessary project procurement according to the rules and process of the OHP Ltd GTE, and of specific donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure that project documentation is well managed and available to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant project indicators are recorded, tracked and reported.
- Draft and manage MOUs, contracts and other agreements to ensure good project governance.
Budgets and Financial Management:
- Support the creation of project and programme budgets.
- Prudently manage budgets and forecasts for all projects under management.
- Ensure ongoing, accurate financial reporting on projects.
Client and Donor Management, Reporting and Monitoring:
- Support the business development and donor management unit with project information, budgets, and programme status and performance indicators.
- Ensure appropriate project data is collected, analysed and reported.
- Identify all the relevant stakeholder groups
- Document their respective expectations
- Analyse and group these expectations
- Manage these expectations using appropriate strategies
- Maintain regular and effective communication
- Take appropriate actions as a result of stakeholder feedback.
Project Systems Management:
- Assist in developing appropriate project management protocols, processes and templates.
- Support in designing, developing and implementing project productivity toolsets across the organisation and stakeholders.
- Remain abreast of key trends and developments relevant to key program areas of the foundation
- Prepare reports.
- Directly line manage the Business Development, Projects and Accounting Officers
- Provide general oversight for all staff supervision responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
The Programme Manager (PM) should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Degree in Medicine or Master’s in any Public Health discipline; working in the health sector with experience in development work in Niger Delta communities.
- Experienced in Grant Sourcing, proposal writing; health policy, health care financing and project management
- The position calls for a highly organized individual with excellent project management, communications, and organizational skills. The role requires self-direction combined with flexibility and a capacity to give and receive feedback graciously. Attention to detail is important for this position.
The PM must have:
- At least five year’s management level work experience, preferably in a multi-project environment.
- Experience in direct line management and overall responsibility for corporate performance
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, knowing how to prioritize and adjust timetables based on demand and other circumstances
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
13th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Oloibiri Town, Bayelsa USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND