- The Project Accountant assists and supports the project team by maintaining accurate and complete accounting records. The position works under direct supervision and gathers and distributes information to the Project Management Office.
- Monitoring progress of projects in alignment with project budget numbers
- Investigating variances of project costs
- Producing project accounts and reports.
- Develops monthly reconciliation of funds receivable from projects and works to collect outstanding funds.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Collates all project expenses and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup Documents for approval.
- Maintain appropriate folders for all projects, with appropriate documents, including contracts awards, change order expenses and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provide Account officer with advice on client billing, relative to invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the project accountant maintain a continuous line of communication with the account officer to clear any open issues.
- Maintain accurate monthly reporting, including job cost reports, Project Status Report, and general condition forecasting
- The Project Accountant must be a team player and have strong organizational and accounting skills
- Project Accountant with Inventory management experience, a PLUS.
- 3-5 year cognate work experience must have played a key role in the daily operations of the accounts department.
- ACCA/ACA/ICAN accountancy qualification is an added advantage.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Senior Accountant, as necessary.
12th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Jobs@karisaconsults.com using the “Job title and the Location” as the subject of the email.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month