Project Assistant (MM / Awareness Raising)
CFCV No.: CFCV2021.45
Locations: Lagos and Benin (Edo)
IOM Classification: Ungraded
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Migration Management
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
Under the overall supervision of the Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA) programme officer and the direct supervision of the project officer, Awareness Raising, the incumbent will assist with the implementation of the IOM X West Africa Campaign Phase 3 project. In particular, he/she will:
- Assist with the development and dissemination of awareness raising content reate by target populations (returnee migrants, former migrants, civil society, government partners, media).
- Assist with the organisation of a Design Lab to conceptualize production and distribution of awareness raising content while building the capacity of community members to apply a Communication for Development approach
- Organise Focus Group Discussions, interviews, and other activities to test content, usability of online platforms and perceived impact of stakeholder involvement in the design process.
- Support organization of media launch and distribution of the awareness campaign content.
- Assist in the organisation of outreach activities in coordination with community members.
- Support execution of the stakeholder analysis including liaising with the service provider for updates.
- Assist with publication and dissemination of multimedia content on online platforms.
- Carry out administrative and financial tasks necessary for the smooth running of project activities
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Communication, Journalism, Development, International Relations, Social Sciences, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with one year of relevant work experience; or
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited academic institution, with three year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in applying C4D (Communication for Development) processes.
- Experience in organising and facilitating events (online and offline), workshops, trainings, etc.
- Well versed in the customs and digital and media landscape of Nigeria
- Demonstrated ability to implement community engagement, advocacy and awareness raising initiatives.
- Demonstrated satisfactory writing and editing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of migration dynamics in Nigeria
- Professional experience with international, non-governmental or civil society organisations.
- Experience in coordination between government bodies, civil society, and media partners.
- Good knowledge of project implementation, administration, and evaluation.
- Experience in digital content creation, including photography, video creation, graphic design and editing is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English (Oral and Written) and Working Knowledge of the local language.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
23rd July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should fill out the form on the link below and then submit applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
Click Here to Fill Application Form
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “CFCV2021.45.( Project Assistant (MM Awareness Raising) Lagos and Benin.”
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Location Lagos and Benin (Edo) NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND