Project Sourcing Leader, Africa
Job ID: R3649092
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Sourcing / Supply Chain
Job Description Summary
- Negotiate with dedicated providers according to specific policies.
- Achieve the best contractual conditions while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- This role will be focused mainly on Francophone countries in Africa but will also have to work on projects across Africa based on business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role will be required to work with the commercial and engineering teams to understand the scope of work that will then be relayed to the suppliers in the ITO phase. Work with the projects team to set up the correct budgets for external spend based on sourcing policies.
- The project sourcing leader will be responsible to work with the legal team, PMO office and operations team during the project execution stage to ensure that On Time Delivery of the required materials or services is delivered to the sites.
- Commercial negotiations will be a big part of the role throughout the process requiring use of tools like e-Auction wherever possible, volume bundling or competitive bidding to drive cost out. The PSL will also be required to improve cash in the business by negotiating favorable pay terms as per business policies.
- Utilizes technical expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Define and improve Sourcing strategies at business or project level. May also include management of complete projects in the entire ITR phase. Place and follow-up on POs. Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution. Manage problems and schedule changes. Update ERP.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of sourcing and analytical thinking to execute sourcing policy/strategy. Basic knowledge of related job disciplines. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements.
- A job at this level needs proven interpersonal skills. Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Uses some judgment and has the ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems. Has ability to prioritize information for data analysis. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- This role requires Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College. Engineering graduates in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering will be given preference.
- +8 years working experience in the sourcing or supply chain or materials management function.
- Prior sourcing experience in negotiating, identifying opportunities, selecting suppliers, sourcing strategy, and implementing contracts.
- Process leadership experience such as CAP, Workout, process improvement, or quality
- CPM or APICS certification.
- Oracle Purchasing system experience.
- Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Engineering.
- Strong understanding of technical requirements related to all GE Power’s products.
- Fully conversant with cost out tools, processes including enhanced RFQ, payment terms, supplier alignment and training, supplier selection, supplier optimization and supplier performance monitoring.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills.
- Strong project management and process improvement skills, a change agent with ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Drives simplicity in process/business and removes bureaucracy.
- Results driven and ability to work in different cultures. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos, Nigeria USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND