Context of Role
- As part of a consortium, Girl Effect has just received funding to carry out research and provide third party monitoring support to the DFID-funded North East Nigeria Transition to Development Programme (NENTAD)
- The NENTAD will support transition from humanitarian response to development programming in North East Nigeria, helping to avoid a protracted crisis. It will enable the Government to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by conflict, including provision of humanitarian support
- It will strengthen people’s resilience and Government capacity to respond in order to reduce the number of people in need of humanitarian assistance and enable a transition to longer term, developmental interventions that start to address the root causes of the conflict.
- The main areas of focus of NENTAD include: nutrition; food security; protection; Education in Emergencies; multi-sector response; and enabling the response. The geographical focus of NENTAD is Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States.
What You’ll Do
- You will oversee the application of the TEGA methodology to collect data about implementing partners’ humanitarian interventions in some communities in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa states
- You will assume leadership over Girl Effect’s field-level operations in the North East.
Your duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that TEGA research is being operated safely and efficiently on the ground.
- Coordinate with consortium partners on the ground to ensure that Girl Effect’s workstream aligns with the activities of consortium partners.
- Coordinate and support logistics for visiting TEGA Team members from Abuja to the field who will be monitoring and/or delivering training/refresher training to TEGAs.
- Represent Girl Effect at Technical Advisory Unit meetings and ensure that Girl Effect’s interest is always protected.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports for activities under Girl Effect’s workstream.
- Liaise with the TEGA project manager to ensure that TEGAs get all the required support when collecting data from the field. Also, flag any risks or concerns with the potential to derail effective implementation of project activities.
- Work with the TEGA Project Manager to oversee the research calendar in order to maintain a full understanding of upcoming activities, fieldwork and training.
- Provide inputs to periodic research initiatives carried out by Girl Effect throughout the duration of the TPM project. This includes but not limited to review of survey tools and reports.
- Join weekly/fortnightly status update meeting with Abuja TEGA Team, as determined.
- Adhere to Girl Effect’s Safeguarding policy and practice, reporting any concern in relation to the safeguarding of TEGAs which may be related with partners, respondents, DFID programme beneficiaries and/or non-beneficiaries.
Who You Are
The right candidate for this position will possess the following qualification, skills and experience to be successful:
- A Postgraduate Degree.
- At least 5 years project management experience, and beneficiary accountability in a large complex program.
- Experience of negotiating, developing and implementing successful partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of working in insecure environments (HEAT Training an advantage). Good awareness of requirements around heightened security and response measures.
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic levels.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- A high level of written and spoken English. Ability to speak Hausa is desirable but not a must.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail and follow up on tasks.
- Very good communications skills, assertive and proactive.
- Ability to work on your own initiative when the circumstances arise.
- Commitment to the aims and values of Girl Effect. In particular, a good understanding of Girl Effect’s mandate and child-focus, and the ability to ensure this always underpins the support provided.
29th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Borno, Borno, Borno USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA