Protection Case Management Officer
Requisition ID: req22380
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Case Worker will be responsible for providing direct support and care for high-risk cases of persons with specific needs (PSN) in Borno, including case management.
- The Case Worker will be supervised by the protection manager to ensure qualitative and effective case management. It is anticipated that the caseload will be between 10-25 cases.
Individual Case Management:
- Identify and receive referrals regarding individuals and families (including carers) with specific needs who are detected during registration, psychosocial, outreach and other activities (for example, through Refugee Outreach Volunteers).
- Conduct household visits and center-based interviews to assess the needs of individuals and families.
- Provide information to individuals and families about their rights and entitlements, including what services and are available (including beyond the scope of services provided by IRC).
- Work with identified individuals and families to develop and implement an action plan in accordance with their needs, capacities and goals. o Offer individuals and families’ choices and options, including seeking out alternatives when the needed services are not available, and actively involve individuals and/or families in decision making that will affect them.
- Assess risk and support individuals and families to understand risks relevant to their situation.
- Link individuals and families with support groups and networks, and other community based resources, as appropriate.
- Directly provide psychosocial counseling and support the coordination of provision of services by other specialized service providers in accordance with the needs of individuals and families.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring, review and follow-up of the services provided to cases.
- Ensure complete and updated documentation related to each individual case.
- Determine if and when it is appropriate to discontinue follow-up to individuals and families (case closure).
- Be accountable to individuals, families and communities for the services they provide.
Data Management and Reporting:
- Manage, file and store data, ensuring the confidentiality of the information collected and the services provided.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner for the Senior Case Worker’s validation.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on problems in the implementation of the program.
- Participate in weekly reporting and planning meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care, quality case management and reporting requirements.
Coordination and Representation:
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services.
- Receive cases referred from other agencies (following case allocation by the Senior Case Worker). Provide feedback of actions taken to other agencies, when necessary and appropriate considering confidentiality requirements.
- Lobby on behalf of individuals and families to access services and support individuals and families to effectively represent their views, needs and capacities in all meetings affecting them.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to protection manager
- Position directly supervises: community engagement and information assistant
- Essential attributes
- University Degree in Law, Human Rights, Refugee Studies, Social Sciences or other related discipline;
- Relevant professional experience of three (2) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context;
- Prior experience or familiarity with IRC and/or persons of concern (including internally displaced persons and refugees-returnees) would be a distinct advantage;
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO sector would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of international protection and human rights legal standards
- Knowledge, skills and experience in community development and mobilization.
- Experience in conducting training needs analysis/assessments and developing training programs for a broad range of audiences from different institutional levels;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent spoken and written English and relevant computer skills.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Experience in management of a team;
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures;
- Ethical and transparent decision-making;
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules;
- Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure;
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work;
- Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance and maturity.
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows/Vista/Linux, MS Office, Internet etc.).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Maiduguri,Borno USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5