Locations: Katsina and Gombe
- The Rector is the chief academic, administrative, and accounting officer of the Polytechnic.
- He/She has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students of the Polytechnic.
- He/She is responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic excellence, be credible with high sense of integrity and must have demonstrable passion for the ideals of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
Qualifications, Experiences and Qualities
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications, experiences and qualities:
- Must hold a Master’s degree, preferably a doctorate degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in Polytechnics (viz. science, technology, commerce, and management), with a minimum of fifteen years teaching experience, at least five (5) of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a chief lecturer from the Polytechnic sector with not less than five (5) years experience on the rank.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership; initiative and creativity in policy formulation; good human relations; and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside the country, as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative, vision and capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation and demonstrable integrity.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethical, gender, political, religious, and other sectional interests.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassments.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital).
- Must be proficient in information & communication technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years. The salary is consolidated as approved by National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission. The appointee shall be entitle to other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal government.
4th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to attach to their Applications, twenty (20) typewritten copies of their curriculum vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full names (surname first and underlined);
- Date and place of birth
- State of origin and local government area;
- Nationality and how acquired;
- Marital status;
- Number and ages of children;
- Current postal address including telephone number and email;
- Educational institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates;
- Membership of professional bodies/associations;
- Honours and distinctions (if any);
- Academic/scholarly publications
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates;
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates;
- Present employment to include status, salary, duties, and any other relevant experience;
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies);
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (employer, educational and personal) who are to forward their confidential reports directly to the Executive Secretary, National Board for Technical Education, Kaduna. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidates claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidates notable uprightness;
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Post of Rector of Federal Polytechnic Daura or Federal Polytechnic Kaltungo” (as the case may be) at the top left hand corner addressed to:
The Executive Secretary,
National Board for Technical Education,
Plot ‘B’ Bida Road,
Note: Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview; photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
- Location Katsina and Gombe USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND