Regional Communications Specialist
- The regional communications specialist (RCS) is responsible for carrying out a variety of field and office duties in countries where Ciheb works, including but not limited to Rwanda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Botswana, and Zambia.
- Tasks are performed in support of the production of posts for the Ciheb website, social media sites, and in the development of other collateral materials that promote Ciheb’s work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The RCS is responsible for obtaining information, photos, and video for the purpose of producing quality content for promotional purposes. The RCS will be based in Africa to facilitate support of the local offices.
- The RCS will be available to provide on-the-ground support, specifically in filming, still photography, conducting interviews, and in composing and developing quality communications materials, including news, stories, and other materials for the Ciheb website. The RCS will ensure the quality of the content being produced at its source and during later production, and adhere to guidelines and requirements for acquiring needed consent.
- The Ciheb communications director determines when and where support is needed to assist the country offices in developing communication products and dispatches the RCS to fulfill identified objectives. The director will approve all requests for assistance from countries for support by the RCS.
- The RCS will work under the supervision of the communications director in Maryland in support of Ciheb country staff. The RCS will meet weekly with the Ciheb communications director to discuss needs and progress. The director will evaluate all work produced by the RCS on a regular basis and provide feedback in ensuring that tasks are being performed appropriately and objectives are met. The director will also conduct formal annual reviews.
- Successful applicants will possess excellent professional communication skills, demonstrate knowledge of health and disease prevention subjects, possess an aptitude for learning new technical information, and exercise careful attention to detail. We seek a multitalented, multitasking individual who is a team player and demonstrates a high level of personal accountability and responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Three years of related experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Skill in conducting interviews and researching information for use in producing promotional materials. Facility in composing succinct, understandable, and engaging promotional messages (including blogs, stories, news posts, press releases, etc.) on highly technical health-related topics. Ability to effectively use photography equipment and edit photographs and video. Understanding of international development and health challenges in the African context.
- Knowledge and experience in graphic design is a plus.
7th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a single Microsoft Word-formatted or Adobe PDF document consisting of a Cover Letter, CV, Citizenship, and salary expectations to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Location and Position” as subject of your mail.
- That MGIC will not sponsor work permits for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the location s/he has designated in the application.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. Applications will be considered as received. No phone calls please.
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND