- The Governing Council of Abia State University, Uturu, Nigeria, hereby announces that the position of the Registrar will soon be vacant. Accordingly Council, in performance of its statutory duties, as provided for in the Abia State University Edict 2005, Revised Edition, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post.
Position and Responsibility
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice Chancellor, for the day-to-day general administrative work of the University.
- He is, by virtue of the office, the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation of the University.
- The Registrar is, therefore, expected to give positive leadership in the administration of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must possess a good Honours degree, from a recognized University, plus a minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience with at least ten (10) years cognate experience in University administration.
- The candidate should not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar.
- Possession of Higher Degree(s) and a formal training in the administration of Tertiary Education Institution will be an advantage.
- Candidates should also be of good health, sound judgment, pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be ICT literate and shall not be more than fifty-nine (59) years at the time of appointment.
Salary/Conditions of Service
- The salary and Conditions of Service, shall be as obtainable in the Nigerian University system.
- The appointment shall be for one term of five (5) years on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his letter of appointment and from time to time by the Governing Council.
3rd October, 2019.
Method of of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the Vice-Chancellor, along with their CV, which should include the following information:
- Full Names.
- Date of Birth.
- Nationality/State of Origin/LGA
- E-mail address
- Postal Address and Phone Number
- Permanent Home Add ress.
- Marital Status.
- Number of Children
- Institution(s) Attended (with dates).
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates).
- Membership of Professional Bodies.
- Working experience.
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and
- Employer, position held (with date).
- Extra Curricular Activities.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (one of whom must be in a position to supply professional reference) and request them to forward their reports properly sealed, directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
Interested candidates are required to submit twenty-five (25) copies, each of their Application Letter, Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant credentials), under confidential cover in an envelope, sealed and marked “Post Of Registrar, Abia State University Uturu”, at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Abia State University,
P.M.B. 2000, Uturu,
Note: Applicants should also request their Referees to send reports on them under confidential cover, direct to the “Vice Chancellor”, within the specified period. Only short-listed applicants would be invited for interview.
- Location Abia, Abia, Abia USD Month