Locations: Katsina and Gombe
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and shall be responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration of the Institution.
- He/She shall perform such other duties as the Council, and the Rector may from time to time require him to do.
- He/She shall be the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Academic Board and any other Statutory Committees.
- He/She is the custodian of records and issuance of certificates, interpreting and applying rules and regulations of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications, Experiences and Qualities
- Applicant should hold a good honours degree minimum of Second Class Honours from a recognized Institution of higher learning plus at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience; or a holder of Master’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience; or a holder of Doctorate degree plus at least twelve (12) years cognate experience in Tertiary Institution.
- He/She must have occupied the position of Deputy Registrar for a period of not less than five (5) years in a higher Institution of learning. In addition, He/She must be a Member of the relevant professional body e.g NIM, CIPMN etc.
- The Candidate must not be more than 59 years of age at the time of assumption of duty and must be of good health, demonstrate versatility in the management of Staff and Students in tertiary Institution.
- He/She must be person of proven Integrity, Intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the Rules and Regulations of the Polytechnic system.
- He/She must also be vast in public Service Rules, Financial Regulations and should be Computer Literate.
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment will be for a single term of five (5) years. The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
- The Salary package is similar to the approved package by National Salaries Incomes and wages Commission for Registrar of the Federal Polytechnic.
4th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following order:
- Name in full (Surname in Capital Letters);
- Date and place of Birth;
- State of Origin;
- Marital Status;
- Number and ages of Children;
- Present appointment with date and salary;
- Current Contact Address with Telephone Number and e-mail address;
- Permanent home address;
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates;
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies;
- Community Service;
- Vision Statement/Proposal on making the Registry meets its objectives;
- Extra Curriculum Activities;
- Names and Address of three (3) referees (Applicants should request the referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Executive Secretary). Marked ‘Referee Report for the post of Registrar, Federal Polytechnic Daura or Federal Polytechnic Kaltungo’ (as the case maybe).
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, copies of all relevant credentials should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelop ‘The Polytechnic Registrar Daura or The Polytechnic Registrar Kaltungo’ (as the case may be) to:
The Executive Secretary,
National Board for Technical Education,
Plot ‘B’ Bida Road,
Note: Late application will not be entertained and only short-listed candidates be contacted.
- Location Katsina/Gombe USD Month
- Years Of Experience 15-20
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND